Covatutto 16

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Springtime47, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Springtime47

Springtime47 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2009
    Hi has anybody ever used a covatutto 16 incubator? I've borrowed one and have started incubating my eggs today, but the person I borrowed it from hasn't had much success with it before - she only had one chick hatch. Was this her bad luck or is the covatutto unreliable?
    Thanks

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

do total check when you buy it. you must buy it on cheaper price since she has been admitted to have little rate of success if not then you lost much money with it.

firstly, check the thermometer (if attached) is the thermo running ok? do it by compare it with another thermo and put it in same place.

secondly, check the hygrometer (if attached) is the hygro running ok? do it by compare it with another hygro and put it in same place. another way to do it is by calibrate it, if that's analog one, just wrap it with a wet towel and it should show 95%,if not just add or minus it by the number you get. other way is by mix 1/2 cup of salt with 1/4 cup of water (do not stir it) and locked the hygro in plastic zipper bag togetger with hygro, it should read 75%, if not then you know what to do with it.

thirdly, test running it. see if it could hold stable temp on 37,3-38,3 deg and humid on 50% or lower,if not then you should check for leakage/bad insulation problem with it.

note: i never heard and see covatutto bator so the step above just a standard step that you can do it with all kind of bator, that's the basic. oh, i think you can make one, it's easy and cheap. [​IMG]

good luck [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by