Cow Lovers!

Crazy for Chickens!

Free Ranging
Jun 9, 2017
NW Missouri
This thread is for everyone that loves cows! Post how many you have and the breeds. Also pictures are always great! And if you don't have cows, that's just fine too!
Stories, helpful info, questions, all are welcome!
Here are mine:
(2) 3/4 Brown Swiss/1/4 Beef Milk Cows
Princess:
IMG_0027 (640x480).jpg

Sandy:
IMG_0028 (640x480).jpg

(2) Brown Swiss/Angus Cows

Sassy:
IMG_0024 (640x480).jpg

Sadie:
IMG_0020 (640x480).jpg

(2) Brown Swiss/Red Angus Steers

Sammy:
IMG_0031 (480x640).jpg

Not named:
IMG_0032 (640x480).jpg

Black Angus Bull:
IMG_0022 (640x480).jpg

Jersey Heifer:
IMG_0035 (640x480).jpg

Also have a Brown Swiss/Red Angus that is young, and 2 other young calves that i don't have pics of right now.

I grew up with beef cattle. Angus.
As an adolescent, I owned my own bull and cows.
They are so easy to care for. Just good pasture and running water is all they need.

I know a lot about dairy cows but never owned my own. Grandfather and neighbors had some.

Beef cattle aren't really in the pet category but I had a steer I could walk up to and pet. One must have closer contact with dairy cows. That's not necessary with beef breeds.
None of my livestock have been pets.

Last edited:
I grew up with beef cattle. Angus.
As an adolescent, I owned my own bull and cows.
They are so easy to care for. Just good pasture and running water is all they need.

I know a lot about dairy cows but never owned my own. Grandfather and neighbors had some.

Beef cattle aren't really in the pet category but I had a steer I could walk up to and pet. One must have closer contact with dairy cows. That's not necessary with beef breeds.
None of my livestock have been pets.
Yeah sometimes it's hard when you don't have contact with the calves when they are young. We are always right there with our calves from the dairy cows, so they are always really tame. But the calves from our beefy cows are wild!

Back
Top Bottom