cow milk verses goat milk

My dh says he just can't get past the fact it came from a goat.

It's possible that you are supremely taste sensitive, maybe from the natural diet you follow? I could see how eating less processed foods could allow you to be more receptive to natural flavors. I would think that would be yet another benefit.

That is because of the specific culture used to intensify the flavor. Other cheeses made with goats' milk and other cultures are quite different, just as different cow cheeses have different flavors.

No...that's not it. It's a very particular flavor I can only describe as GOAT
tongue.png

Being off of most processed foods, yeah, my taste buds are pretty sensitive. But I started trying goats milk BEFORE I ditched grains, sugars, and other high carb foods. And I kept trying again and again thinking it was me, or the person I got it from, or the way it was cooked, etc...

Sorry...there is just this GOAT flavor that comes through on all goat products to me. Maybe some protein or enzyme or something but darn...I can taste it and
sickbyc.gif

Birdnutz, I would LOVE to have a mini jersey. We don't have the facilities for full size cattle. If you end up getting one and have a heifer calf for sale, I would buy her from you in a heartbeat. Just don't tell my dh.

Quote:
No...that's not it. It's a very particular flavor I can only describe as GOAT
tongue.png

Being off of most processed foods, yeah, my taste buds are pretty sensitive. But I started trying goats milk BEFORE I ditched grains, sugars, and other high carb foods. And I kept trying again and again thinking it was me, or the person I got it from, or the way it was cooked, etc...

Sorry...there is just this GOAT flavor that comes through on all goat products to me. Maybe some protein or enzyme or something but darn...I can taste it and
sickbyc.gif

Lol!!! You are just like I was until I finally tasted goat's milk done right!! I could not stand it, spit it out every single time, no way was I going to drink that awful tasting stuff!! Until like I said, I tasted it done right-what a difference, I also have very sensitive taste buds, and I like my gourmet foods (I'll just take them organic, and raw if it applies, thank-you very much!)
gig.gif
Trust me, there was nothing even remotely goaty tasting about that milk I tried a couple of nights ago-I am very picky about anything goaty tasting!!! It really was wonderful tasting-to those of you who are just like I am about goat's milk/cheese-don't give up-you will find someplace that does do it right. Then and only then will you know what I mean!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom