Coyote attack

Quote:
We have a fair amount of this here the yotes have pushed the fox to town and the fox are trying to show dominance over the dogs and cats , they are the easiest to trap they already are used to human scent I normally have the animal the next morning after setting a trap

Here in MI coyotes are pushing out fox too!weird...

Quote:
Unfortunately her screems probably sounded like an animal in distress. Coyotes are opportunistic hunters. If they hear an animal in distress they will go to it. That's how they hunt for the yotes, with a device that makes a sound like a rabbit in distress. They'll come running everytime!

Creepy though isn't it? I'd have been tending my youngin and DH would have been out there shooting that sucker faster than ANYTHING!

Quote:
Does that stand for People Eating Tasty Animals?
idunno.gif

my husband always says that! people for the eating of tasty animals! so funny!
here is a bit of info about peta, that many people dont know. peta wants us to destroy all domesticated pets, like our hoouse cats and weener dogs, because they cant live well in the wild. and all animals should be left to their selves to be free in the wild, so says peta.

Quote:
Generally coyotes will prey on foxes--as coyote populations increase the fox population decreases. The same thing is true of wolf vs coyote populations but not wolf vs fox.

last summer a 19 year old woman was killed by coyotes in Nova Scotia. I forget her name, but she had just won an award for being an up an coming folk musician. Coyotes have bitten quite a few people in recent years, and out in california there are documented cases of them attempting to drag toddlers off right from the back yard.
I think its long overdue that the coyote relearns why it lives in fear of man.

Link:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6895020.ece

Last edited:
Quote:
Generally coyotes will prey on foxes--as coyote populations increase the fox population decreases. The same thing is true of wolf vs coyote populations but not wolf vs fox.

I have heard it decreases I think the population just moves more then decreases this may depend on geographical features of the location you are referring too as well the coyotes run the feilds here mostly soy bean fields the grey fox live in the marshes and swamps the reds were out with the yotes in horse country these days they are in town

There've been a couple of attacks here in the Denver Metro area at local parks in the past several weeks. It came up from behind the parent walking with the child and bit the child on the backside. I'm thinking that they haven't caught the perp in these two cases either.
We have a pack tha live in the Russian Olives that surround the North part of our property. They've came considerably close to the house a couple of nights last week. With me running out in the middle of the night hootin and hollerin right back at them with my flashlight
roll.png
Wake me up will ya
smack.gif

So needless to say it's pretty creepy here at night knowing "they're right over there" (points to the trees). So trying to keep my 3 cats in after dark is real fun. My male has too much fun chasing toads to come in. Because around here and down in the metro area little pets are disappearing rapidly
sad.png

Coyotes and Redtailed hawks thrive when people move into their territories. With Coyotes they are opportunistic eaters and will cull the cat and dog population and will regularly patrol for dog and cat food set out for our pets. They also are not above eating carrion and or knocking down a trash can for tasty morsels. Redtailed hawks are similar they will eat road kill and I see them roosting on light poles along the roads to swoop down on that stupid rabbit that changes his mind in the middle of the road.

About ten years ago a freind of mine right here in the middle of San Diego was letting her Dachshund run and play at a dog park when a Coyote came from the underbrush and snagged the dog within about twenty feet of her. Fortunately for the dog the Coyote didn't get a good grip. Her Dachshund needed about thirty stitches.

I personally have had them come and take chickens right in front of me while I was screaming and throwing rocks.

Back
Top Bottom