Coyote or bobcat

its possible that the molly or queen(female bobcat) was bred early and has dropped kittens early.. its not impossible, but unlikely.. you know what you seen.. I will tell yall this, I have been a wildlife enthusiast and Nuisance Trapper for a long time.. I trap the same places year after year excluding nuisance calls.. I usually set up and catch predators, skunks and coons consistently for weeks, usually having full traps daily. after 2 days of not catching, normally after couple weeks of trapping, i pull traps and move to new property.. You wont hurt a thing by dispatching that ONE cat,dont feel bad. Her kittens may not survive but your livestock will.. I can assure you, there are so many that she and her kittens will be replaced by other bobcats looking for new territory. Their homes are being developed into walmarts and suburbs. Their running out of places to go. Protect your livestock and sleep easy.. Bobcat population is strong and healthy.Just because you dont see them does not mean their not there.. they are elusive, reclusive and nocturnal. bobcats are most active at dawn and dusk. coyotes too..

That is why most folks just go with the rule of three S's. Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up.
wink.png
Then it is up to them to first know you did it, then to prove it. See, that works two ways.
tongue.png

Eggzactly!
cool.png

The smaller animals you see are last years kits, even if she was bred early her kits would not be out of the den. If she if with her kits from last year, very common, it means she was most likely not bred or the kits found the mother after breeding as the male wouldn't tolerate someone else's kits, put out some feathers on a string that blow around with a camera on it

The smaller animals you see are last years kits, even if she was bred early her kits would not be out of the den. If she if with her kits from last year, very common, it means she was most likely not bred or the kits found the mother after breeding as the male wouldn't tolerate someone else's kits, put out some feathers on a string that blow around with a camera on it

My chicken buddy John's Mountain Cur Dog "Sally" is pictured last week giving a 40 pound Bobcat Tom hypnosis therapy.

"Mr. Bobcat, look into my eyes, you're getting sleepy.... sleepy...."

It must work because this Tom dropped off to a permanent nap.

This is the third large Tom that John has trapped on the same 30 acres this Fall/Winter. There isn't any shortage of Bobcats in this neck of the woods. In fact Bobcats are as thick now as the hair on a dogs' back.

40 years ago an old game warden bragged to me that he had 7 minutes of combined wild Bobcat viewing. Now days Bobcats are as common as bunny rabbets use to be and it is unremarkable when you see one or even multiple Bobcats..

Last edited:
Prints ruled it out. I no have my neighbors and the conservation agent when he's off duty helping me

Back
Top Bottom