Coyotes Are Back

The friend is a weapons expert. Great scope and some high dollar work done to it.

No thanks on the dogs. Already got 3 to take care of do not need more.

Does Montana provide a reward for a coyote? I am in VA and in my part of the state they are paying for coyotes. It was $100 a pop but I think it is down to $25 since so many are coming in. Good luck!

Please stop right now and take the time to teach the little Corgi to come when called. The coyotes will kill it if they can lure it away from your farm.

It is possible to teach a dog to break off of the chase and return to you, but you will have to put some work in to give it that sort of rock solid recall.

Oregan she does come when called except when she has a stupid attack. She did stop and look at me several times when she was going after that coyote. Each time it was when I yelled her name.
You would have thought the incident with that German Shepard last year would have taught her to listen. That dog flipped her head over tail 3 feet in the air. Didn't hurt her but it did scare the daylights out of her. She has gotten more aggressive since that day. That concerns me.

The gun is over in another town waiting to hear from the guy who has it.

Are you in to gun's? It sounds like it may be a decent gun for the money it better be. I don't like to see people get ripped off, you can spend $300/400 on a gun that will do what you need, I think that amount is a lot for a gun just to shoot a coyote with.

How close is the den? I have some tips since i am a coyote hunter. Get a decoy like a shaking or vibrating rabbit. /stick it outside the den with u and the rabbit with sent killer on you. Then sit about 20 yards away from the den and just wait. Make sure its at night and you have a spotlight with red wax paper over the lense so you dont scare them. Bring your gun and when they come out for the decoy shoot the crap out of them.

Joe I was shooting pocket gophers and prairie dogs with this gun. I was shooting at a gopher when it suddenly turned. They swore I missed I swore I hit it. We walked over and we were both right. I shot the gophers tail off!
lau.gif

Known this guy for over 15 years and he has been a family friend for decades. I trust him over any gun salesman out there.

kitten6566 guessing it is between 1/3 to 1/2 mile from the house. Heard from one coyote hunter willing to come out and clear a few out.

Ok so you like to shoot, what I was getting at was if you were not a shooter and all you were doing is buying a gun to shoot a coyote with then you could spend a whole lot less, never said the gun wasn't worth it or that the the guy selling it wasn't trustworthy.

HAD 3 IN THE YARD THIS MORNING!!!!!

Remind me to put my glasses on or my contacts in before trying to shoot again. I missed AGAIN!!!
he.gif

20 feet from my front door and I missed!!! My .243 clip is now loaded and ready. Going to use the gun I'm more copmfortable with from now on.

The gun smith I know is going to come out and get their numbers down. He agrees there are too many. Worried they might try to get DD's lambs.

20 Ft they allowed you that close, you may need more then a $1,050 dollar rifle. I d use a shotgun for that distance, could get one of them for under $200.00.

Back
Top Bottom