Coyotes Are Back

Joe I have a Remington Wingmaster 12 gauge shotgun. Just grabbed the rifle first. Wish I had more time to go after them. Gunsmith friend is going to get around 3-4 buddies together and set up a call and thin them down for us.

Yeah I love mine.
Guy who has our friends 22.250 is sick as a dog so I cannot get it yet, but the .243 has a full clip and an open bolt and is ready for some action.

Thinking they might have moved the pups to a different den. Going to be patient and wait and listen. I'll find them again.

Lost a chicken 5 FEET from my bedroom wiondow last night. Didn't hear a thing. Going to find my game cameras and put them up so I have a better idea of how many might be there.
They are hiding in the trees behind our house.
Lost another duck and a guinea.

Got the gun. It is a Remington 22.250 Model 700. Has a Burris 4x16 scope on it with a heavy duty barrel. This sucker is going to turn them inside out once I get the cross hairs on them

I am continually shocked by how silent the predators are and the chickens too! I used to think "oh, I'll hear a big ruckus if something is messing with the coop" but that is not true. I'm sorry for your losses. I hope you clip those suckers quick w/out having to lose any more.

Suppose to have some hunters come out and help me get them. I know where they moved their den to now. It is on our cousins property. Asked if we can come on there to hunt them, waiting for their reply. Also pretty darn dry and worried about starting a fire. Had a neighbor start a fire shooting stuff.

ETA: Only reason I knew they got the chicken was I found the pile of feathers.

Last edited:
Hey Oregon, I have trained my dog but when it sees something it wants to kill or fight, it loses its mind and forgets its name! Good thing its just a yorkie and I keep it contained. This dog would kill anything it could.

kitten right now with the high fire danger I dare not even shoot gun. It took just a small spark to burn 3 acres on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom