Coyotes got my ducks šŸ˜­

Thank you all... I'm just starting to really process it, I am very a bit beyond bummed today. It will pass, just, yeah, it's never fun, y'all know about that
I'm gonna have to do coyote hunting for whatever bounty the city or county puts on them, if any, and if none, then I'll do it for the sake of the neighbors and with hopes maybe I could try again out here once the far to comfortable with people and dogs, no fear, way to alpha for their own good alphas are eliminated.

I'm stupid about ducks tho, they're like more than cute entertaining creatures for me. They're my spirit animal cause I know all the happiness and the sadness ducks go thru and what makes them tick, and on top of that they are quite unconditionally loving little creatures (aside from the savage way evolution left their mating situation)... One would never think such cute animals could come from such savage beginnings, but hey, that's probably part of why I just feel like being a duck would make sense; cause they're just perfectly dopey, loopy, kind, utterly indecisive, pesky nit-pickering, nibble biting, sweet hearts and ALSO of course totally mean little turd heads all rolled up into one. Lolol.
For me I've always said that if there's reincarnation and such (who knows) that I want to come back as a duck, forevermore.
I suppose I can't feel too bad, cause whatever little souls those big personality pea brained had, they had to be dang good ones to end up as a duck at all, even one that only makes it to 12 weeks before getting eaten.

So... Yeah... It's the cycle of life. Wish my absolute favorite creature in the whole wide world wasn't so low on the food chain with nothing but a waddle, a quack and if they're lucky the ability to fly, to keep them safe.
..... I guess their best defensive is having a large body of water to retreat into, and the fact they only have to sleep 1/2 their brain at a time.... But without a large pond to escape to, and without having the ability for real flight, I guess they were just lopsided bird brains, lol šŸ˜„

Still bummed, maybe re-bummed cause I found what was left here on the property of the little mallard last evening... Maybe she did escape and fly away, but certainly with a pretty bad wound with the clump of feathers and skin I found šŸ˜„
Hopefully she got away to somewhere with enough food water and protection to heal.

I hardly want to come outside anymore because they're not here.

I dunno I guess that's what I get for being so happy for 12 weeks... Suppose I'll just accept this desert for the wasteland of biting stinging bugs and thorned plants that it is.

Maybe I'll try getting a nest of tarantula hawks to find beauty in, and just ya know, be ready to "lay down and scream" as is the accepted advice for what one should do when stung by one of those, cause #2 on the insect bite/sting pain scale... And just like, learn to love the life out here.

I mean tarantula hawks are beautiful insects, basically gigantic black-blue iridescent bodies with orange-red wings, and about the size of the palm of your hand, like hummingbird size.

Or perhaps I'll round up some more of those desert centipedes and keep them in an terrarium.... I've been bit once and it hurt, more than a bee sting but not too bad, and then somehow whatever their venom is, it made me all happy (a rare but not unheard of reaction).... Just ya know, go with the actual flow of life out here and just like accept the pain and enjoy how shitty near every living creature out here is.

I'm still gonna kill coyotes tho.

What sucks is that I can't find 1 damn stuffed animals, garden statue or even a freaking coloring book page that looks anything like any of my ducks... I guess no one gives a **** about ducks. I probably shouldn't either then

Ducks are beautiful creatures. Perhaps after you kill off the coyotes you can get more ducks. Maybe in the mean time you could try and find other things that make you happy. You could attempt to draw your ducks yourself. Or you could post photos of your ducks onto BYC and we could all try and help you find a duck statue, stuffed duck, or even a drawing, someone might even offer to draw one for you (coloured in or not). Trust me, there are lots of people on BYC who care a great deal about ducks (me included). As I said before you could try and find other things that make you happy. Maybe you could start a garden, or learn a new skill. This is nothing but a low in your life, trust me it gets better. If you ever need anyone to talk to Iā€™m here, and everyone on BYC is here.

Maybe instead of focusing on the sad awful thing that happened to your poor babies. You get busy and build fort knox coop and run. Many on here have lost their ducks etc to predators and have very good information on how to NOT let it happen again. Predators and Pests is a good place to ask for help.
Then once you have everything in place you start again.

I'm so sorry this happened, I would be devastated too but Not giving up is the best thing moving forward.
I've lost some of my precious birds to predators and it's heartbreaking, I never forget them either.

What sucks is that I can't find 1 damn stuffed animals, garden statue or even a freaking coloring book page that looks anything like any of my ducks... I guess no one gives a **** about ducks. I probably shouldn't either then
You could learn to crochet amigurumi and make a duck stuffy. Or hire someone on Etsy to do it for you.

You can also make coloring book pages with photo editing software. I do it all the time for kids I take care of.

If you look up "pet grave stones" you can find companies who will take photos of your ducks and engrave them into river rocks.

If you are interested in one of these things I can help point you in the right direction. I care about ducks very much.

Ducks are beautiful creatures. Perhaps after you kill off the coyotes you can get more ducks. Maybe in the mean time you could try and find other things that make you happy. You could attempt to draw your ducks yourself. Or you could post photos of your ducks onto BYC and we could all try and help you find a duck statue, stuffed duck, or even a drawing, someone might even offer to draw one for you (coloured in or not). Trust me, there are lots of people on BYC who care a great deal about ducks (me included). As I said before you could try and find other things that make you happy. Maybe you could start a garden, or learn a new skill. This is nothing but a low in your life, trust me it gets better. If you ever need anyone to talk to Iā€™m here, and everyone on BYC is here.

Back
Top Bottom