Coyotes

Is the main danger digging under walls?
What type of door do you have? Is there a way you could lock it
The coop part is raised off the ground so you can dig into the coop. And the door well all doors on the coop have a lock on them and I have the key to them. But I mean if you tried enough someone could probably pull the door off I'd your really encouraged to. I dont know if you could so it's just a thought.

The coop part is raised off the ground so you can dig into the coop. And the door well all doors on the coop have a lock on them and I have the key to them. But I mean if you tried enough someone could probably pull the door off I'd your really encouraged to. I dont know if you could so it's just a thought.
What type of floor do you have in your coop... is it just dirt?

Electric fence will keep EVERYTHING out. Fisher Cats, Weasels, Bobcats, Coyotes, and more. We have visitors that just pass through almost every night. They are not stupid. They learn to "respect" the fence. This Bobcat only had to learn once! Paw prints are in the mud almost every morning. They stay about 3 feet from the fence on their way somewhere else.

Don't get a cheap charger, and unplug it before the chickens come out or they will learn and not want to go back in.

how can I protect my cute chickens from coyotes we have lots here!
I pin mine up at night ... I have a wood floor so they can’t dig into it and I have a solid oak door that I can padlock if necessary. Never had trouble with coyotes coming around the coop/run. They know they’re not getting a free meal ;) We’ve had coyotes walk right through our yard but zero problems keeping them locked up at night... they don’t even bother digging into the run.

Can you put your chickens up at night so the coyotes can't get to them. It's rare for coyotes to be out during the day.
That's actually just NOT true. Coyotes are generally VERY active during the day. They can tend to be less active during the day in urban areas. But everywhere else, all day it is! (These were al taken in the afternoon.)

Attachments

• Coyote 1.jpg
    Coyote 1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
  • coyote 2.jpg
    coyote 2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 4
  • coyote 3.jpg
    coyote 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That's actually just NOT true. Coyotes are generally VERY active during the day. They can tend to be less active during the day in urban areas. But everywhere else, all day it is! (These were al taken in the afternoon.)
That’s strange. We never have coyote problems here during the day.. maybe it’s just a matter of location?

Back
Top Bottom