Coyotes!

I'm sorry..... I thought English was the primary language spoken here.
Comprendo nada!!!
smile.png

Carla

IT IS UNBELIEVABLE!! Thats what I said. If I had not seen it myself I would have been just as skeptical. Over the years I saw this man make shots that I STILL have to scratch my head and ask myself "HOW"? When we were young (in our mid 20's) we would each shoot 1000 to 1500 rounds nearly every Saturday. We both literally wore guns out.

My coyote/unwanted wandering pit bull gun is my 1903 30-06 if I'm not in a hurry. My Glock model 22 or my ever reliable Ruger 10-22 (WITH sights
big_smile.png
) when I have to shoot fast. (they're always loaded and at the ready.)

Can you gentlemen step outside and start your own gun thread? You're confusing the rest of us.

Can you imagine what a good chicken discussion would sound like to an outsider?

While knowing the dangers of jargon, I took it to the depths for one reason: From past experience, I have learned that many people are both ignorant of these things, yet wish to know more. This is especially so for new replants to the country and those who suddenly find themselves in need of "options." I would agree, though, that some of the technical and proprietary chatter should be avoided.

Sorry to have befuzzled the assembly. While it is cryptic, there is much information that is useful in this thread. On the old BYC, an entire 12-13 page thread was stickied, because the calm and informative discussion had turned to firearm use on the farm. It is said that no information is trivial. I humbly suggest that the pertinent parts be copied to file for future reference.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been interested in the gun discussion. Speaking of new country residents, I'm just about to move to a mini-farm myself. I know nothing about guns and have no plans to be shooting predators, but I *have* been mulling the idea of purchasing some sort of firearm. The specific guns that have been mentioned will give me something to start with if I get serious enough to look stuff up.

Possibly the best single firearm for the farm is a shotgun. The pump type is likely the best of those as it is is simple, inexpensive and has interchangeable barrels. Mine, a Mossberg 500 has a 26" barrel with a PolyChoke*, a 26" field barrel, a 24" rifled barrel for slug/sabot shooting and an 18" defense barrel. Some I got used, some I bought new. I dont believe I have over $300 in all of it.
* A shotgun barrel "choke" is a taper in the end of the barrel, which reduces shot pattern dispersal. They range from full choke to wide open. The PolyChoke is an aftermarket item fitted to the barrels end and allows for adjustment throughout the range. Most often seen are screw in choke tubes fited to the end of a single barrel, which give the same result.

Anytime you have a gun question, feel free to ask.
I am a licensed collector, a former gun dealer, hunter, reloader, concealed carry permittee and was awarded EXPERT class marksman in military service.

Ill do all I can to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom