Cracked Chick Egg! Please help

Littlenikki1994

Hatching
Jun 18, 2023
So, I came home today, and found one of my eggs severely cracked! Was sure it was done for. Upon further investigation. It was chirping and moving still inside the egg. I immediately rushed it inside and got it in the incubator. humidity is set around 80%, and temp is set at 99.5/38.0. I decided to peel very gently where the air sack was to see what we are working with and the second picture is what I found. I did gently open around its mouth, to make sure if its shrink wrapped, that it can at least get enough air to survive until it obsorbs everything. Im going to give it plenty of time before opening more to make sure its fully obsorbed everything. If anyone has had experience like this and has some recommendations please let me know!!! Also is it likely this baby could still survive?? Thanks in advance!!!!
Ps. I am unsure on what day exactly this chick is in its incubation cycle, as I have multiple at different stages, with 3 different moms.

Attachments

• 20230618_202059.jpg
    20230618_202059.jpg
    468.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230618_212238_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_212238_Gallery.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 7
So, I came home today, and found one of my eggs severely cracked! Was sure it was done for. Upon further investigation. It was chirping and moving still inside the egg. I immediately rushed it inside and got it in the incubator. humidity is set around 80%, and temp is set at 99.5/38.0. I decided to peel very gently where the air sack was to see what we are working with and the second picture is what I found. I did gently open around its mouth, to make sure if its shrink wrapped, that it can at least get enough air to survive until it obsorbs everything. Im going to give it plenty of time before opening more to make sure its fully obsorbed everything. If anyone has had experience like this and has some recommendations please let me know!!! Also is it likely this baby could still survive?? Thanks in advance!!!!
Ps. I am unsure on what day exactly this chick is in its incubation cycle, as I have multiple at different stages, with 3 different moms.
The membrane looks pretty dry. Put some coconut oil on it. There is a good chance it will survive as there is minimal blood spilt. I have experienced this before but it died due to blood loss. Your chick seems to be going good considering the circumstance.
Once you think the blood and yolk is absorbed, I would slowly peel the membrane back, starting from around its beak. Try to mimic a 'zip'. Make it so the chick can push itself out when it's ready.
1687147086207.png
Do this in your bathroom and have the shower running beforehand for humidity. Good luck!

The membrane looks pretty dry. Put some coconut oil on it. There is a good chance it will survive as there is minimal blood spilt. I have experienced this before but it died due to blood loss. Your chick seems to be going good considering the circumstance.
Once you think the blood and yolk is absorbed, I would slowly peel the membrane back, starting from around its beak. Try to mimic a 'zip'. Make it so the chick can push itself out when it's ready.View attachment 3547709 Do this in your bathroom and have the shower running beforehand for humidity. Good luck!
Little one made it!!!! Hatched this morning with little assistance. And is back with momma after drying out!

Thank you so much for the advice! ❤️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619_112523_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_112523_Gallery.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230619_112545_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230619_112545_Gallery.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom