Cracked eggs in incubator?

Quote: Oh Darn...I don't have a fancy cell phone, can't afford it and not much reception where I live anyway.
What brand and model phone is it?
I could get an old abandoned one and just charge it for the flash light with no connectivity needed. :D

REALLY??? WOW, I would have never guess that, I know those Flashlight Phones work GREAT but from your pic, it doesn't look like it's sitting on a phone???

How the heck did you do that without having the egg fall off???  LOL

I have a note 3.. and the case has the little round area around the flash. . The eggs sit perfectly there!

I just found one of the eggs under my brooder hen cracked pretty well, but membrane is still intact and we are at day 18 today, so I used the advice on this tread and candle waxed it, it took a good bit of wax so I will have to watch it closely to see if it starts pipping and needs help, or can they get though the wax easily? I am not sure when it cracked, could have been as much as 2 days ago since that was the last time I made my broody get off the nest (she wont get up on her own). Fingers crossed!!! The crack was on the side almost touching where the air sac was if that matters. I tried candling it and all I could see was darkness and air sac.

If I keep candling it will I see anything different just before or when it is trying to hatch? Or will I still see a dark mass and separate air sac?

You can actually see internal pips if you candle at that stage....but.......I'd just cross your fingers and leave it go.
I just found one of the eggs under my brooder hen cracked pretty well, but membrane is still intact and we are at day 18 today, so I used the advice on this tread and candle waxed it, it took a good bit of wax so I will have to watch it closely to see if it starts pipping and needs help, or can they get though the wax easily? I am not sure when it cracked, could have been as much as 2 days ago since that was the last time I made my broody get off the nest (she wont get up on her own). Fingers crossed!!! The crack was on the side almost touching where the air sac was if that matters. I tried candling it and all I could see was darkness and air sac.

If I keep candling it will I see anything different just before or when it is trying to hatch? Or will I still see a dark mass and separate air sac?

Back
Top Bottom