• Should I keep it in the nesting box?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should I leave the hen on the egg?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EZ LiVinG

Hatching
Jul 23, 2022
Hello, I have been hatching eggs for almost 3 weeks now, and 3 days before hatch day, I noticed one of my eggs were cracked! I took it inside and kind of candles the egg, and I saw the chick but it didn’t move. Then I wiggled the egg around a little bit, then I stopped and saw movement. I put it back in the nesting box and I am hoping for the best. Any advice?

Attachments

• EC2BE322-4E47-41D8-AE19-6C12B166DB61.jpeg
    EC2BE322-4E47-41D8-AE19-6C12B166DB61.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 16
Hello, I have been hatching eggs for almost 3 weeks now, and 3 days before hatch day, I noticed one of my eggs were cracked! I took it inside and kind of candles the egg, and I saw the chick but it didn’t move. Then I wiggled the egg around a little bit, then I stopped and saw movement. I put it back in the nesting box and I am hoping for the best. Any advice?
You can put tape over the cracked part, but is it’s this close to hatch date I’d leave it alone.

I would probably be worried about the chickens damaging the egg(eating it and all), but I dont know. I've read that broken eggs in the nest tend to start egg eating problems but I would guess that miss broody would protect the egg so I dont know. Just a little input. I have never experienced this before, as I have never let a broody hatch eggs. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom