Crafters and artists trying to make some cash! I have an idea....

Egg Rookie 2010

Songster
9 Years
Jun 21, 2010
North Idaho
Ok, I have tried every medium under the sun. I paint, draw, sew, sculpt...it is near impossible to make a consistent flow of cash off holiday season. I do boutiques and sell a few things here and there off my facebook page. Im not really so impressed with Etsy. Ebay isnt much better. I need free. How bout if each one of us helps spread the word for the others? Put your e mail or web address and what you make in this thread. Then I will compile a list and EACH one of us will copy and paste that list into an e mail to our friends, facebook posts...where ever we have an audience. Everyone in my audience already knows what I make but not you...everyone on your lists knows what you make but not the rest of us. Is this a stupid idea? Ill even preface the list saying what this project is and we cant vouch for each other on a personal level...we are just spreading around each others products. Id close the list like on Nov 1st or something (although folks could still post their info in this thread.) Anyone?

This sounds like a wonderful idea! I have just started some intermediate soap and bath bomb making so I don't feel confident enough to join the list. I do think you have come up with a winner of a plan
smile.png
Good luck!

I think this is a great idea. I used to make painted yard signs, like for holidays and I sold those things like mad, anywhere I went I sold them. But I also had to carry them around and it was such a pain, they were so heavy because they were plywood. Did sewing for some time but that didn't go to far. And now I do my eggs. I only go to 2 shows a year and they are only egg shows, that is all that is sold at them. I did sign up for one craft show in Nov. and I am only making ornaments for that show because my big eggs won't sell, I already know that. The price is too high and no one wants to pay that, but I enjoy making them so if I sell them then I sell them if not they sit in my cabinet for everyone to see. But I have done commision work and I teach and that way I make up some of the money I spend on my egg art.

This sounds like a wonderful Idea! I love to make origami lily bouquets as well as I love to pencil draw and I would love to sell some:3
Keep us posted
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom