Crafters- What are you making???

Pics
Quote:
th.gif

I don't even want to think about Christmas yet.

I make gingerbread coffins
smile.png
most are edible, and some I make with the cinnamon/glue recipie so I can hang them from the tree. I have been experimenting with "stained glass" in my coffin tops, breaking up hard candy to melt in the openings...this year I will post some pics of them!

With any luck I will learn to can in time to make some cute little jars of goodies..... I'm going to start making jerky as well.

I might try soap, fizzies or smelly jelly....
lol.png

I work on the gifts all throughout the year...so far I have made these...

my sister's blanket: it is a queen size blanket made of blue fox faces, lightly padded (she lives in Florida) and backed with satin. I bought a few bags of scrap fur faces from a tannery and a furrier. Here is her blanket:

bluefoxfaceblanketorrug.jpg

My mom and dad's was made of coyote faces and coyote fur scraps, also lightly padded and backed with satin. Here is theirs:

coyotefurblanket.jpg

I made my son a brand new men's traditional ceremonial/dance regalia, fully beaded on canvas and lined with cotton. Here it is:

DSCF0830.jpg

My daughter's new knife sheath for her regalia

sheath33min.jpg

and I am making a bunch of these for friends...different animal earrings...also my homemade goat's milk soap.

cougarearrings.jpg

I have no idea what I am making for my husband yet...egads I have beaded, sewn, made, baked, painted everything he has ever needed or wanted so I am clueless. Maybe I will hook a tapestry for him for our new house. I have no idea yet.

Someone mentioned using black walnuts to dye wool...the hulls are boiled to make the dye. We use it on deer hides when we are brain tanning it and want it darker than the regularly smoke color.
wink.png

Last edited:
HOLY COW!!!! CETAWIN!!!!!! WOW!!! Gorgeous, absolutely beautiful blankets an Native American garb!!! WOW!!! Girl you are talented!! Thanks for sharing, I an stunned at the gorgeous work..love the earrings too, my daughter would steal those!! WOW!!

make gingerbread coffins most are edible, and some I make with the cinnamon/glue recipie so I can hang them from the tree. I have been experimenting with "stained glass" in my coffin tops, breaking up hard candy to melt in the openings...this year I will post some pics of them!

Zyklonia..would love to see these!!...I like your screen name too, cool!!

Wildfries..duh, I never thought about the jerky as gifts...awesome idea!! There are alot of nice taller jars that could go in and maybe some kind of decorated jar lid cover...bet that cutie pie little girl of yours could make the jar lid covers, like gluing beads on felt or drawing or something like that..sweet!! Great idea there...

Does anyone have any of those mixes in a jar for gifts recipes they like? Guess I could google but would rather use something someone likes.
wink.png

I have a bazillion wine corks I bought last year..am DEFINATELY making wine cork wreaths this year..would get started on those but until my daughter moves out in August and clears the ton of stuff out of my gargae I have no place to store a finished wreath..sooooo, I'll be going those in the fall for gifts...have one grape vine wreath left from the ones I made when I trimmed my vines so I will work on that too.

Love these ideas!! It's so inspiring and fun to see and hear what everyone is making for Christmas..well except for the Christmas goose...poor goose....and Terri, you silly you craft all year anyway Christmas should be a snap for you!!!​

Last edited:
i made everyone a new lap-size quilt for the couch or lazy-boy. i start around easter time cutting the material for all the tops to get ready to assemble them. All are tied, not machine quilted, and get them done by thanksgiving.
the boys get their sports team or darker colored patterns, the girls get either amish-colored or funky colored ones.

does anyone do crochet slippers?? I'm looking for someone to make me a bunch of slippers if i supply the yarn - i am all thumbs with crocheting!!

Scrambled Egg...thanks for the compliments. I have a couple of those recipes in a jar thingy if I can find them (we are moving to our new place end of July and I have been packing stuff up). I know you can make the cakes in the jars really easy too.

I had a shop in the big Flea Market in Fayetteville for a couple of years. We just left there Oct. 06. I also set up at the mini-mall on Fort Bragg. But now I do it for family and friends only. I am teaching my daughter when she can focus long enough...I want her to keep our traditional beadwork alive....but I dunno if she will ever love it the way I do.

P.S.: I have no idea how much longer I will make the earrings...my eyes are getting worse and worse...I am using a magnifying glass n lamp to do them now....or I will switch to bigger beads and loose some of the character and charm
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom