Crafters- What are you making???

WOW!! you ladies are so very talented!!! The yarns & quilts are just stunning! What treasures to pass on to your loved ones! And how on earth did Terry Lacey rate??lol!! Lucky lady!!! I have only hand-quilted 3 or 4 quilts in my life, I usually do the cheapo-deluxe tying, because it gets it done faster, and because I just don't have the ppatience or stamina (or space, really) to have a quilt up for as long as it would take me to finish one. ( I also have had carpal tunnel issues, I hade both of my hands done, it was the best thing, as I can still use my hands. ) So you know right away what kind of quilts I do, lol, nothing so lovely as the pieced together treasures of art like you have done ~ no,lol, mine are the rather boring blocks, arranged here & there, the kind that take to tying easily. The kind that set up & take down in two days at the absolute longest. So I look on at those beautiful ones & sigh ~ maybe some day... maybe some day. :-D
~Red

I've been making soap savers and matching wash cloths. Great for homemade soaps. Also making over the knee baby socks.
10355_100_0733.jpg

10355_100_0732.jpg

Quote:
I've been hand quilting since the 80's, but now I have carpal tunnel myself. I lose feeling, my fingers tingle, etc. The BYC staff generously surprised me with a computerized sewing machine last year when we were going to do a quilt block swap amongst ourselves--it was MissPrissy's idea, bless her heart. I had an old Kenmore, but was sort of afraid of it and the only use it ever had was my DH sewing his own stripes on his Air Force uniforms, LOL. This one is so easy to use and now I can speed right threw a quilt top. I still hand quilt some since I can't seem to get the hang of actually quilting with the machine yet. I had quit quilting before this machine; just couldn't do all the hand piecing then the hand quilting. Now, thanks to my awesome friends, I'm back in the game! The quilt from that swap is finished (well, the top is pieced) and I'll post a pic of that one today, if I remember.

Terrie rates just because she's Terrie, of course!
big_smile.png
I have some fabulous friends and supporters and she is one of those. I'd love to gift quilt tops to all of them eventually. I did send MissPrissy a lap quilt she was admiring of mine that I made for my mother way back in the late 90's. It was never used and my mom passed away so the quilt came back into my possession not long ago. They may have to find a way to quilt them themselves, but I love surprising them out of the blue, just like they did when I got that surprise package from Angie and the gang. I love being able to do that! Wouldn't be possible without the nice 6000i Brother machine.

silkie93, those are very nice! Wish I knew how to do that, but it's all I can do to quilt with my tingly fingers, bad eyes and creaky old back.

Quote:
I
love.gif
those socks!!! My sister in law is having a baby and those fit her personality to a "T" I bet they take forever to make. They are beautiful!

BEAUTIFUL things all! Wow there sure are some talented people on here! I LOVE IT!

I'm currently making this for my wedding...it's in 11 days...

-Pillbox Hats for the Ladies
-My hat with Russian Blusher
-Jewelry for the Ladies
-"Feather Girl" Baskets (they are throwing feathers rather than petals!)
-Mini Dress Blue Uniform for our "Super Hero" (he doesn't want to be a ring bearer, so we made him look like my Military Hubby)
-Guestbook
-Bandana Wraps for the Bouquets
-I am sure there is more…I better remember QUICK!

I’ll post some pictures…

47692_henry_002.jpg
Little Man and Big Man
47692_henry_001.jpg
Little Man

Back
Top Bottom