Crafters- What are you making???

I recycled some of my fiance's old underwear into pee pee teepees for when the baby is born... just little black cones to cover his bits so I don't get showered when changing him
lol.png

Its been awhile since I've worked on a quilt... my last one (largest one) was a queen size for my mother-in-law i started last August and finished just in time for Christmas.

I have JUST begun a new quilt the other day and I hope to actually get to a point to take some photos within a week or so. Something they seems to just take me months to get to a photo worthy spot!
lol.png

As school is nearing its end, my art class has turned into "do whatever you please". So this week I have done woodburning on a wooden egg, and just finished a little stuffed owl I sewed. Once I get to bring them home, I'll post pictures.

Quote:
Speckledhen ~ Actually, this is one of the things I like best about quilts ~ I have several from my great-grandmother that have spots where she obviously ran out of enough fabric to make that shape, to me it shows a major dedication to ~getting it right ~ rather than just putting in another different color or piece ( which I've seen too) ~ but I guess it's even more than that ~ those pieced together pieces also give the quilt individuality ~ you know it wasn't a kit from a store, or made in China, you know that no-one else has that particular quilt ~ you know that someone painstakingly handcut & then pieced together that whole quilt. You know it's handmade, and done with love.
My grandma's used to use old dresses & shirts & such to make the quilts up ~ I even have an ancient crazy quilt ( & it IS crazy!! ;-D) that has a bazillion little pieces put together ~ anyway, those are my treasures ~ they are all I have left of those grandma's, & I love them.
Just a thought ~ don't worry about those pieced together pieces. ;-D
~Red

Thanks! I'm fine with it, but sometimes, my perfectionism kicks in and I have to shoo it away, LOL.

I'm piecing an Attic Windows wallhanging, but not really loving the look. Maybe it will turn out okay, though. I will be doing a baby quilt in some lighter spring-like colors after that. All the while, I'm hand quilting a lap quilt for me to keep with blocks made by me and the BYC staff.

Quote:
gig.gif
Let us know how that works for you. Sounds like a great idea!

hopefully it'll work... though I learned just which expression meant "duck!" with a kid I babysat... lol

found the idea online, and figored I had nothing to lose by trying it!

Quote:
gig.gif
Let us know how that works for you. Sounds like a great idea!

hopefully it'll work... though I learned just which expression meant "duck!" with a kid I babysat... lol

found the idea online, and figored I had nothing to lose by trying it!

If it works you'll have to invent something to catch the spit-ups too. My Mom has been gotten twice in the face (and once in the mouth) when she was playing with my little ones and raised them up above her too soon after they ate.
tongue.png
'course she says it's ok since "baby spit-up is cleaner than most of the food we eat". She says the same thing about baby pee too!
hmm.png

Of course these days she's doing it with the great grandkids instead.

Last edited:
Here's a little owl pillow/plushie I made in art class. Didn't have any decent sized buttons on hand so I just painted the eyes. Everyone was amazed at my hand sewing skills, even though it takes no skill at all to do something like this, LOL. I guess the only thing you need is patience.
2u4o32q.jpg

Hi, I'm new to the list, been here a couple months. I am a potter, weaver, and spinner. My studio is called BeardiePaw Pottery and Weaving Studio. Hubby used to work with me, but he passed away before Christmas, so it is only me now. I just moved to Texas and as soon as I can get the boxes taken care of and a couple strong arms, I'll get the pottery up and running. I have an Etsy store, but closed it during the move. I make also rugs on my floor loom, shawls on the triangle and a multitude of things on my other two looms. I don't have my camera cables yet, but hope to post pics later, when i figure out how...
hmm.png

1 Bearded Collie, 4 calves, 3 goats, 41 eggs in the incubator, and sheep coming.
Grandma to Cole, Mom to Tim, and Mom-in-law to Alex, the saint.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom