Craigslist chicken

Cierrascoop

Songster
Sep 24, 2022
A lady posted on Craigslist that she has a bantam hen that she's been trying to help for a week who has a swollen eye. It apparently lives in her basement. And she wants to rehome it or find someone who can dispatch it for her. Me being me, felt bad, so I messaged her asking for photos. What do you guys think this is? MG? She states she shows no respiratory illness. But it looks like my birds did when they contracted MG.

Guessing isn't an accurate diagnosis. There's always a list of symptoms involved. And there's a lot of diseases that causes similar symptoms.

If you want to help her, tell her to go to a vet.

Guessing isn't an accurate diagnosis. There's always a list of symptoms involved. And there's a lot of diseases that causes similar symptoms.

If you want to help her, tell her to go to a vet.
I agree that would be the best option, but, that isn't an option that she listed. So I doubt she will be doing that. By the ad, her husband wants his basement back regardless, so she's either rehoming it or having someone cull it. I'd just hate for someone to end up like I did 😬 so I did message her some information. A lot of people are getting chicks and chickens right now-its that time of year. And sadly, this is how flocks end up with things like MG.

Back
Top Bottom