1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Craigslist Cuties

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dancingsquirrel, Jul 8, 2011.

1. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

Can anyone help me identify the breed and sex?

This one is my favorite, the most curious and outgoing. Please say pullet, please say pullet.
    [​IMG]

Mystery bird #2 Has some bumps on the legs that look like they might be spurs coming in?
    [​IMG]

This is one shy little bugger.
    [​IMG]

Three amigos. Amigas? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The keeper of the flock. We really should have named him Casper, because he is kind to every living creature. Well, except lizards. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:OT : Your cat in the last picture reminds me of my cat when he was a baby!! now he's about 8 years old and weighs 20+lbs lmao
    his name is Sky

[​IMG]

Him trying to lay in a big mac box from mcdonalds!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  3. danischi24

danischi24 Loves naked pets

Aug 17, 2008
    Australia
    Looking like girls.

4. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Quote:LOL Cats always try to fit into the tiniest places and sleep in the strangest of positions!

I'd say the first two are pullets.

5. dancingsquirrel

dancingsquirrel Out Of The Brooder

Silkiemama, your kitty Sky is so cute! Our boy hasn't been neutered yet, but his dad is as big as yours, looks like I'd better stock up on kitty food!

Yay! Girls are good news! The man I got them from is happy to trade out if I do have a roo but we'd sure like to keep them all. Any idea what breed? When I asked the owner he looked at me like I was from Mars and said, "the layin' kind". [​IMG]

6. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    Quote:[​IMG] Some people! He's obviously REALLY interested in his chickens!
    I'm no good at breeds, sorry. I'm just getting the hang of this pullet/roo thing. (Practise for later this year...[​IMG])

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    In the picture of the three together, the first two look like pullets while the third is a bit ambiguous. Could go either way on that one.

And they look like good ol' mutts to me! Mutts are great, it means you'll end up with some interesting and probably pretty birds.

8. sdeneen2001

sdeneen2001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2007
    Bellevue, WA
    #2 looks like it has greenish legs, so maybe an Easter Egger in the mix.

9. WooingWyandotte

WooingWyandotte Overrun With Chickens

Apr 25, 2011
    Nor cal
    Lol, I remember seeing those chicks on Craigslist for sale! [​IMG]

10. craftymama86

craftymama86 Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not an expert but I would have to agree with SilverPhoenix, the first two look like pullets for sure. Third... my guess would be roo but could very well turn out to be a pullet.

I had bought 2 Delawares a while back, comparing them to the others that were in the same pen (probably not the best idea) they looked like pullets which is what I was really wanting... As time went by I thought one was turning out to be a roo b/c the comb was coming in more than the other. Turns out they're both roos, LOL. Not only that but they're a pain. I call them Thing 1 and Thing 2, always causing me stress.... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by