Craigslist -PA chickens

MrsCountryChick

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
PA
Came across this listing for young chickens.... poor guys don't have much room in their pen from the pics
sad.png

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/741411027.html

wish i lived closer, i would take some - they look all bunched in there.

Yup some just dont under stand they need some space. In the end when they keep them like that, they will have bald/picked and sick birds from all the stress.
Couldnt amagine raising birds like that...Not here, we provide tons of space for what we got...

charlie

Quote:
Yea I Agree.... So sad to have came across the post & seen the pics
sad.png
rant.gif
. We'd rather have pens too big, I mean why not think of their quality of life in a enclosure.? & the ad says "We also have green egg layers for sale." so he must have pens of layers also, so sad
sad.png
idunno.gif
. And to think those were the positive photos he 'wanted' to show in his ad. Crazy how some people are! :thun Prob got them looking for a buck.
somad.gif

Quote:
I hope not, there is no money in chickens
gig.gif
I sold 4 today, that might pay for two bags of feed, which will last a week if I'm lucky.

These folks are actually close to me....but I really have no room. I think (not 100% sure) they are also here on BYC as JimNJanet. They do look a bit cramped...maybe that is why they are trying to sell?? Hope someone can take some!

Quote:
Oh I agree bugladyleah, Didn't mean anything personal that they were bad people or anything. Just felt sad for all them in the small space, especially in the heat. & that's Wonderful they are the type of people to sell them rather than keep living their lives in small quarters. :) Just all looked like they needed a spacious home Soon. I'd hoped someone near looking for chickens would see their ad & pick some up.

I've heard of how some people get chickens at Easter for the novelty of it, then just throw them outside to fend for themselves or live in small cages the rest of their short lives, those are the sad owners that keep chickens like that on a regular basis.
he.gif

I wish i lived closer to this person, i would take a couple!! Poor things.. Thanks though for posting this, i would also suggest posting them to any other websites you belong to where you can post animals, pets and what not.. The more people that see this the more chances of someone wanting to adopt.. Just hope that they go to good homes!

Back
Top Bottom