Craigslist Score!!

Hi from Ga. Good score.
woot.gif

I couldn't believe it when I found the ad and it said $30. I thought maybe they meant $300 and just mistyped. A lot of people way over priced stuff on there so I would not have been surprised. I called to verify the price and told the man I was on the way when he said $30. I can't believe no one snatched it up before me.

@fireguy56
I am so jealous. I wish I had the carpentry skill to build a frame like that. They is a great idea for using the large panels. Someone posted a bunch of panels on craigslist with no gate and I was trying to figure out how to possibly use them. That would be perfect. They are a little steep on their price right now though for me. Maybe they will come down some if no one buys them.

@georgiagail
We did plan on putting a top on it to make it higher but I was trying to figure out how to do 45 degree angles with PVC pipe. Thank you so much for the hoop idea. That will work so much better! What did you use to attach the pipe to the frame?

Quote:
PUT A HOOP TOP ON IT WITH PVC AND TARP AND YOU CAN WALK IN IT OR YOU CAN COVER PVC HOOPS WITH CHICKEN WIRE AND THEN TARP TO PREVENT PREDATORS.

Quote:
I've been trying to figure out a way so I can enter the run (I'm only 5'4), but will also accommodate my bf (he's 6'5). Hoops would work!! So funny when you're planning you don't think of the simple things like this. Thanks for sharing your solution!

"We did plan on putting a top on it to make it higher but I was trying to figure out how to do 45 degree angles with PVC pipe. Thank you so much for the hoop idea. That will work so much better! What did you use to attach the pipe to the frame?"

We used brace rail clamps to attach the PVC pipe to the top of the dog kennel. These can be found in the chain link fencing section at Lowes. They're only about $1.60 each:

84140_img_0850.jpg

Our kennel was 7 feet side so we cut 3/4" PVC pipe to 7 1/2 foot length to get the "hoop" effect.

Placed these at 3 foot intervals because we were using 36" wide hardware cloth as the roofing material. The hardware cloth was attached to the pipe using zip ties.

84140_img_0826.jpg

Hope this makes sense!

Gail

Congrats!
smile.png
Craigs List ROCKS! I just got a 10x10x6 kennel, which will be an addition to the 10x10x6 kennel I already have, for $50! Picking it up tonight. FABULOUS!

All of our fencing comes from Craig's list. We just keep adding to the run. Eventually, our whole yard will be fenced in so the chickens will be safe. We have goofy neighbors, so they cannot be out without supervision. Good score on your part. We use the 6' high fencing, since my hubby is over 6' tall.

Back
Top Bottom