Craigslist Score!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by OtterCreekRanch, Sep 1, 2011.

1. OtterCreekRanch

OtterCreekRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    NE Texas
    I just got home from picking this chain link dog kennel up. Found it on Craigslist for $30! I couldn't believe it. And only 20 miles from my house. It has a few places along the bottom where the chain link isn't attached very good anymore, but I planned to line the bottom with hardware cloth anyway so it does not effect it really. I can't wait to get the wire on and fashion some sort of top for it. I wish it was taller (it's only 4' tall) so I would not have to bend over to go in and out, but it is easy to pick up and move with two people so cleaning shouldn't be too hard. I think it should be roomy enough for 8 bantams right? I think its like 6' x 8'. Now I just need to make them a house.

[​IMG]

Edit: Spelling

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  2. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

Yeah! Right on! Awesome deal! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. JP101010

JP101010 Chillin' With My Peeps

OOOMYGAWD! im jealous! [​IMG] $30?!?!?!?!?!? Lucky Lucky you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    A bargain and great score i think [​IMG]

5. Hawkeye95

Hawkeye95 Chillin' With My Peeps

WOW! great find!

6. brahmakid11

brahmakid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    sitting on the toilet
    cool!!! [​IMG]

7. fireguy56

fireguy56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2010
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Hi, Awesome score on Craigslist. Did the same. Got 20, 10' wide x 6' high construction site fence barriers for $10.00 a piece. Thats 200' of quality run material for $200.oo dollars. Wow, I went nuts...called the guy, hooked up my trailer and ran 50 miles to get it. Here is what I did with it.
    [​IMG] This is my run, used 6 of the panels I got to make a 20' x 24'run area. Still have bunches of sections left. Planning a Bantam run and house with some of the leftovers....best $200.00 bucks I ever spent. Good luck with your set up.
    Erik

8. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

Have you perhaps considered a roof like we did our first run? The "hoop" effect would give you increased height when inside the run:

[​IMG]

Gao;

9. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] for only $30? Grrr...

10. CandiceN

CandiceN Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    NH
    Fantastic!!! I need to keep an eye on CL for some run materials. We got our coop for free off there (oversized dog house we converted). I love CL!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by