CRAIGSLIST: Wanted: Farm Animals for Party

Other than the fact she's willing to PURCHASE these animals, I don't see anything wrong with a "petting zoo" for a kids party. They are done around my area ALL THE TIME....but it's by privately owned businesses that have animals used to and raised around kids so they are comfortable with them. I'm sure there is a lot of liability/insurance issues involved with owning this type of business also so supervision in their handling would be a priority. Even for a 1yr old I don't find it odd if there are siblings or older invites included in the party. Most of the ones I've seen do not let the children handle the more delicate animals like chicks or even bunnies but the larger ones like ponies or goats are usually pretty friendly and enjoy petting attention. I am curious to see what she plans to do with these afterwards though since she's apparently been purchasing them and doesn't sound to have too much animal experience. hmmmm

Quote:
Well no, there's nothing wrong with a renting a petting zoo for a kids party. That's not what's happening here. I think most of us are rubbed the wrong way by the fact that this woman, who sounds like she knows nothing about animals, wants to actually BUY all these "farm animals" for this event and has actually obtained several already. And what's going to become of them after? It's the disposable, use it and get rid of it mentality. I'm curious as to how these animals in her possesion already are being cared for!

Jeez, lady!
I'm very curious to find out what she plans to do with those animals, too. And I hope there are enough adults around to make sure those little grasping hands aren't squeezing chicks and ducklings too hard. Bad things happen when you put little animals into little people's hands!
ep.gif

The impression that I think most of us get is that this woman is kinda going about this the wrong way. It's last minute, she seems ill-prepared and poorly educated in regards to animals. Again, DD's b-dat is the same day and I still need to do things, but at least it doesn't involve animals--let alone someone else's.

Someone mentioned liability. Now say someone gives her a few piglets. Very cute on TV like Charlotte's Web and Babe, but they grow fast. If one of these piglets happen happens to bite someone and it doesn't even belong to this woman ...

Quote:
a bobcat is a machine AND an animal... they should be more specific...
lau.gif

I know that. Maybe it's because both my hubby and son run heavy equipment for a living, I don't think of an animal when I read an ad like that.

Quote:
Nothing at all wrong with a petting zoo at a kids party. But then at least there is someone who knows the animals and how to handle them. If these animals are not use to being around noisy kids they are going to be scared. It doesn't sound as if this lady knows what she is doing. And in the end it is the animals who are going to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom