Cranes Not Breeding

Duck Addict

Hatching
Mar 14, 2015
I've heard of people keeping pairs of cranes, but not breeding them. How do you keep a pair without breeding them? Could you keep just one gender?

if you dont want an pair to breed there are 3 options, you take away the eggs when ever they breed, wich would be a shame sieng how much they cost,
not all pairs want to breed in there enclosure, they feel insecure in it,it is to small, or some birds just dont want to breed for 6-7 years then you move them from aivery and 3 weeks later they have eggs, and some breeds are extreemly hard to breed and get eggs and then raising is eaven harder,

It would be a shame to spend so much on them and not have the pleasure of either watching them rear there own young or raising them urself. Cranes are on my want list lol

well if you get a pair you get also some things to watch out for agresion, they might not want to lay/sit/raise there chiks
and i woulden advise getting them unless you did allot of research because in america they cost a allot, in europe the juffer cranes cost 800-1100 euro a pair, and they are on of the cheapest

Back
Top Bottom