Crashed My Car!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebbetzin, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Last week was not a good week for me!! I was hit by a city bus!! And it was my fault on top of it!! I was in a part of town I am not usually in, and either ran the stop sign, or when I pulled away from the stop sign I just didn't see the bus!!

Anyhow no one was hurt, thankfully. Be praying the insurance company will not "total" my car!! It is a very good little car, all paid for and low milage!! We bought it brand new and have taken good care of it. Here are some photos. The bike rack on the front of the bus punctured the back door and damaged the back fender and the bumper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    Thankfully you are all ok. As for the car I am praying that it won't cost too much to fix and that the insurance company doesn't write it off.

3. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Dont you hate having a bad day! I'm glad to hear no one was hurt.

4. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Oh no! I'm glad you are ok. Except for your pride and your PAID OFF car. :aww

Now I have to say it.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] What are you woman, BLIND, that you did not see a CITY BUSS? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sounds just like my kind of mistake. I pulled out in front of the Hells Angels once. But fortunately, very fortunately, didn't hit anyone. [​IMG] I didn't see them either. [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Man, Rebettzin, I thought I was the only one who got in a wreck and admitted it was totally my fault. My car (a 2-door Civic) was totalled, but I don't think your Camry is. Maybe replacing the door and rear panel is all it needs.

6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Ouch! Glad nobody was hurt. Hope the alignment isn't shot, fixing that is hard if not impossible some times. It's a FWD car so maybe it's not as bad since the back was hit.

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    zoinks! ouch.

i'll be praying for the best outcome for you! so glad you weren't hurt!

8. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:The tricky part is the back fender is all one piece with the roof...

I think I am going to drive by our mechanic's shop and see if he knows someone who can fix it for less than the over $4000.00 that the adjuster is saying it will cost to fix. Maybe with some parts from the junkyard, some bodywork, and paint... I can get it fixed for less.

I really don't want to have to try to find a different car for what the insurance company might say my car is worth.

9. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh man, I am wishing the best for you. Its a bummer when this stuff happens, it really does add so much stress and headache. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.[​IMG]

10. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    There were no chickens in the car, right???!!! [​IMG]

just kidding... [​IMG] You do come first. I'm glad you were not hurt.

4000 bucks sounds totaled to me. Make sure they verify that the frame is not bent - a bent frame can destroy tire after tire.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by