Crashed My Car!!

rebbetzin

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 4, 2008
Tucson AZ
Last week was not a good week for me!! I was hit by a city bus!! And it was my fault on top of it!! I was in a part of town I am not usually in, and either ran the stop sign, or when I pulled away from the stop sign I just didn't see the bus!!

Anyhow no one was hurt, thankfully. Be praying the insurance company will not "total" my car!! It is a very good little car, all paid for and low milage!! We bought it brand new and have taken good care of it. Here are some photos. The bike rack on the front of the bus punctured the back door and damaged the back fender and the bumper.

Fromfrontemail.jpg

Frombackemail.jpg

Sideemail.jpg

Oh no! I'm glad you are ok. Except for your pride and your PAID OFF car. :aww

Now I have to say it.

cool.png
cool.png
cool.png
What are you woman, BLIND, that you did not see a CITY BUSS?
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png
cool.png

Sounds just like my kind of mistake. I pulled out in front of the Hells Angels once. But fortunately, very fortunately, didn't hit anyone.
ep.gif
I didn't see them either.
big_smile.png

Man, Rebettzin, I thought I was the only one who got in a wreck and admitted it was totally my fault. My car (a 2-door Civic) was totalled, but I don't think your Camry is. Maybe replacing the door and rear panel is all it needs.

Quote:
The tricky part is the back fender is all one piece with the roof...

I think I am going to drive by our mechanic's shop and see if he knows someone who can fix it for less than the over $4000.00 that the adjuster is saying it will cost to fix. Maybe with some parts from the junkyard, some bodywork, and paint... I can get it fixed for less.

I really don't want to have to try to find a different car for what the insurance company might say my car is worth.

There were no chickens in the car, right???!!!
hit.gif

just kidding...
wink.png
You do come first. I'm glad you were not hurt.

4000 bucks sounds totaled to me. Make sure they verify that the frame is not bent - a bent frame can destroy tire after tire.

Back
Top Bottom