Crashed My Car!!

Quote:
I know my husband is not up for doing this job. If I lived in CA, I bet, I could get one of my brothers to do the work, or my uncle.

Thats OK, not everyone is into bodywork, wherever possible I try to encourage people to tackle the job themselves.
big_smile.png

Glad you're okay...

I find it refreshing that people here are willing to own up when they are at fault. Too much anymore, I run into people who love to shift the blame from themselves to others.

BYC... Simple, down-home, honest, hardworking folks...
smile.png
We need to start a town, but it would be overrun with chickens.

Thank God you were OK! Maaco is OK but too cheaply of a job would take your car to the cleaners. I went to a private body worker and even I had to pay a little more but worth the cost to have my truck painted. Not within a week after gotten it painted, my aunt and mom ws in the truck driving back home, a young lad fell asleep on the wheel and crashed into my fresh painted truck!
barnie.gif
So back to the body shop and they all shook their heads and laughed. So luckily that guy had insurance and got my truck repainted and replaced rear panels.

So you can still shop around for a better deal. Stay away from dealership body shops, they are murder on prices!

But have you ever been approaching a red light in a not so great part of town in the winter and realized the van in front of you was fish taling so you start pumping the breaks but it's no use...you are on the ice block too and they hit pavement before you so they come to a stop and your car picks up the rear of their van and rests on top of the hood of your car?

Only to have the hispanic gentleman come out of the drivers side and jump on top of your car and try to pry his van off your car but it's twisted on there good and he can't....so he grabs a couple of brick shaped packages from his van and runs down the alley...then his girlfriend gets in the drivers seat because the cops are on their way, i walked to the nearest bar or rather only place open to call the authorities though I admit I was scared and she by the way, was not the one driving.

since it was freshly laid snow, they followed the guys footsteps and found the drugs he hid and he was getting carted off to jail and giving me the nastiest look as I gave my statement...

and when the tow truck came and pried the van off the car it made the worst sound of scraping metal imaginable...and all the cops that came and such because of the circumstances....had fun teasing me and they had to drive me and MY DOG home.

so has anything like that ever happened to you?

me,
g

The Insurance Adjuster came down this morning from Phoenix. He is suppose to call me tomorrow some time and let me know if they will fix the car or total it. It has brand new tires too... less then three weeks old!!

If they total it try to buy it back from the company, slap a junk yard door on it and drive it like that. At least you will have the extra money and you won't have a payment and you know the car. Who cares about looks in this econemy. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom