~~Crazy 24hr Auction~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I got my eggs today, and they were all perfect...although they were about 1/2 the size I thought they would be and wont fit into my holders...I can't figure out how to incubate these tiny things!!! LOL

You can keep them in the flat they were sent in, I hatch them in those quite often when I don't have space enough to put a quail rail in
wink.png

When I saw the button quail I got from Shelley, first thing I thought was "Jelly Beans!" Will definately have to name one that
smile.png

Newtochick - I did not have quail egg racks the first time I incubated quail eggs. I had a regular chicken egg rack and I used cotton balls to prop/secure the eggs. It worked fine.

Lisa
smile.png

Quote:
th.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Seriously...That is almost exactly what happened!!! I still just shake my head when I go down and look at them..I have decided to wait until tomorrow and see if I can rig them into my incubator, hopefully that wont make them be sitting for too long! Too bad my Seramas are not broody...maybe they could have laid on them, but even they might have squashed them! LOL I will figure this out dang it...I have fertile eggs!!!

What did you get? Coturnix or Button quail eggs?

Quote:
I didn't either. What I did was cut the little cups from a quail tray and put them in the chicken rack. They fit perfectly in the hole and the bigger top part flares out enough to hold the cup in place. You can poke a small hole or two in the bottom of the little "cups" for air circulation. You can't get as many as you can with the quail racks but it works. Maybe you can do the same with the quail racks. Maybe cut the cup shorter?

Quote:
You can keep them in the flat they were sent in, I hatch them in those quite often when I don't have space enough to put a quail rail in
wink.png

They wont fall out? I have a sportsman and it tips rather sharp, they look like little peanut M&M's and scare me! LOL I am such a wuss I was a wreck the first time I did Serama eggs, I thought these would be about that size and you should have seen me when I opened the box today, I swear I almost fainted!!!

They shouldn't, the last ones I hatched I used some of those. I hand turned, but they ended up being turned almost on their sides and didn't fall out.
smile.png

Quote:
wink.png

They wont fall out? I have a sportsman and it tips rather sharp, they look like little peanut M&M's and scare me! LOL I am such a wuss I was a wreck the first time I did Serama eggs, I thought these would be about that size and you should have seen me when I opened the box today, I swear I almost fainted!!!

i have a sportsman 1502 also and i put ringneck pheasant eggs in a chicken flat with no problem

Quote:

i have a sportsman 1502 also and i put ringneck pheasant eggs in a chicken flat with no problem

These are button quail eggs.

SELLERS: PLEASE BE SURE YOU CONTACT AUCTION WINNERS WITH YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

WINNERS: PLEASE BE SURE YOU CONTACT SELLERS WITH YOUR MAILING INFORMATION.

CURRENT OFFERS

Thursday 4/14

4:47p - Dark Olive Eggers 6+ multiple generations under BCM roos.(bHen) Reserve $15 INCLUDES SHIPPING! mothergoose $15
4:47p - Black Copper Marans/ Blue Marans 6+ (bHen) Reserve $20 INCLUDES SHIPPING!! Chic-n-farmer $25
6:05 - 6+ LF Silver Appleyard duck eggs. (sonjab314) Starting bid is $6 and shipping is $12. - Riffecreek $6

10:17p - 6+ Blue and Green (olive) EE Eggs.Can add a few BSL (shelleyd2008) Starting bid of $15 includes shipping.

Friday 4/15

12:30p - Set of 2 quail egg racks. Fits sportsman, Kuhl, & most cabinets. Each rack holds 124 eggs.(yotetrapper) Reserve $6.00, shipping $6.

BIN

1:34p (4/14) 7 bantam turken (naked Necks). Can ship Today or Tomorrow. $14.00 Plus $10.00 Shipping Total $24.00 https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=483225

BST

12:05a (4/14)
Black mottled cochin bantams(shelleyd2008) https://www.backyardchickens.com/forumviewtopic.php?pid=6140085#p6140085
2:36p (4/14) Crazy Bantam crosses, includes easter eggs from my silkie x easter egger (Etsuko).... blue chicks hatching with black skin, feathered legs and pea combs! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6144178#p6144178
2:59p (4/14) LF Lavender and split orpington project eggs https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6144368#p6144368

Winners

Ended - 6 standard mottled houdan eggs. (NEK38583) - Starting bid $5.00 Shipping $12.00

Jenifer72 $25 - 2 White Sebastopol Goose eggs, Holderread/Metzer lines.(Rare Feathers Farm) Reserve $25, shipping $15

swtbtrcup $15 - 12+ Guinea eggs from my mixed flock(mamawolf544) $10.00 to start $12.50 shipping

elieugene6 $11.50 - 6+ Royal Palm eggs (mamawolf544) $10.00 to start $12.50 shipping

jnkir7 $6 - 4+ Turkey Eggs, Cailco Tom over Blue Slate hens (pidgey104) Reserve $6 + Shipping $10

ChickenRonin $11 - silkie eggs 6+ bbs, partridge and white. There are 2 paint hens in with the white(emvickrey) Reserve $5 + ship $10 wed

Gordonhillfarm $10 - 6+ silkie eggs, bbs, white and partridge. Same as above about the white pen.(emvickrey) Reserve $5 + ship $10 fri

Jenifer72 $27 - 12+ eggs from Pure BLRW pen. (Duramaxgirl) Reserve $9.99 and shipping will be $14

Riffecreek $5+ ship- 4 turkey eggs, heritage buffs and heritage bourban reds(shay20) Reserve $5 + shipping $12 Riffecreek $5

ChickyChickyBaby $6 - 12+ Asst OEGB eggs.(Whiskey Bay) $6 start.$15 shipping

retiredwithchicks $10 - 12+ Delaware Eggs - Stock from BYC member Seriousbil Hertitage,not hatchery(corancher) Reserve $10.00 Shipping $13.00

WE NEED MORE OFFERS!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom