Crazy Chicken Lady

ktdidit

In the Brooder
Jan 18, 2020
Prineville, Or
I'm excited to join BYC. For years I decorated my kitchen/dining room with all kinds of chicken decor. My flower gardens have numerous chicken figures. I finally took the plunge and started my own chick and duck family in 2018. My ladies all know their names and some like to be held and cuddled. It's an adventure every day to see how many eggs I'll find. They love to free range while my Pekin duck Puddles waddles around as their protector. She guards the coop door every night until I go out and lock the coop door. They all have their own quirky personalities which makes it so fun.
20200124_134522.jpg
20200124_134707.jpg

:welcome Welcome to the BYC forum. Nice pictures of your birds. Interested to know which you like better, chickens or ducks, because they have different personalities. Also, you might consider getting some geese. I really had fun with my geese years ago.

In my experience, I found that my geese were like puppy dogs and would follow me around wherever I went. The ducks were more like cats and could care less what I was doing (unless I had some food for them). My chickens are more like scared cats and mostly run away from me (unless I have food in hand). I do have one ISA Brown hen that likes to jump up on the ledge in the morning when I bring food out to the coop and she lets me pick her up and pet her. But the other 9 chickens I have, all different breeds, don't want anything to do with me unless they see I have food for them.

Again, welcome to the forum and thanks for the nice pictures.

Back
Top Bottom