Crazy cinnamon teal

Ram13

Chirping
Jun 3, 2020
My crazy cinnamon teals have now started a 3rd nest.She has now laid 12 eggs but in 3 different spots.I had to pull the quail out of the pen for going in and out of every box so maybe that was why.I think i will let her have her new nest and incubate the rest.

I put 9 into the incubator. That left her 3 plus she looked bagged so im sure more coming.I have other eggs in other nests but i dont know who is using them.

Out of the 9 in the incubator im down to 4.2 weren't fertile and the rest just quit.She's sitting on 10 or 11 eggs now. Hoping to get some to hatch!

Out of the 9 in the incubator im down to 4.2 weren't fertile and the rest just quit.She's sitting on 10 or 11 eggs now. Hoping to get some to hatch!
Mine laid 1 in the coop then started a nest in a nest box. So I put the 1 egg in the nest box the nest ended up with 6. One got kicked out and was empty from a hole on the top. I waited a few days after she stopped going in the box and I took out the 5 eggs left and put them in the incubator. 1 egg is smaller so I doubt it will do anything. This is my third year and she always starts a nest and gives up on it. Last year she had a second clutch that hatched.

I figure at least shes sitting on some.she is my 1 year old hen.My older hen hasnt started laying at all yet.

I lost all i started in incubator.I took her 10 last week.1 was clear and 9 hatched yesterday.
Great news, it can be difficult to incubate from day 1. I'm down to 2 from the 6 I put in a couple weeks back. I'm also down to the last 2 Wood duck eggs my girl laid before she died. Even my Khaki Campbell eggs are tough this year I'm down to 5 from the 3 batches I tried of about 30 eggs. 4 of the Khaki eggs are piped now at day 29, mine usually hatch at 24 or 25. The Woodie eggs are due any day also I hope they all hatch together because the Khakis will teach the Woodies to eat. The only thing we hatched so far is a rescue Canada goose a week and a half ago.

My cinnamons are doing great.I should have mandarins hatching end of week or so.I have 2 eggs in incubator piping but im not sure who laid them. Hopefully you can hatch the woodies!

Back
Top Bottom