Crazy Egg Auction Chain for Aussie Fire Relief (STATE YOUR LOCATION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Including auctions not closed yet and assuming I caught them all, I think we have $433.55 so far!!!
ep.gif

Keep buying eggs people!!!

ETA: What about this auction? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131899&p=1

What
that added the total is $498.55...already about 1/2 way to a goal of $1000!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll bid $10

Okay, I won this auction. Where do I send the money too?

You contact aussiesharon for her paypal, then once she receives it she contacts the doner to send the eggs to you.
smile.png

Last edited:
We are considering options for this thread. Please carry on as normal. I removed the posts questioning moderation.

I can offer duck eggs. They would most likely be mixed, but possible pures as well. The only duck I have laying right now (at least for the eggs I am finding) is a pekin, and there are pekin, rouen, and cayuga drakes.

I would say I can offer 4, but it might be more. I'll ship next Wednesday, so whatever I get between now and then. I have no bator space for them atm.

Shipping from KY, 4+ pekin pure/mix duck eggs.

PICT0214.jpg

Closed Auctions:

Auction by onthespot, for six+ Blue/Black/Splash marans eggs. Won by redhen, for $40.

Auction by Crunchie, for 6+ Cuckoo Marans eggs. Won by byrandom, for $30.00.

Auction by tfpets, for ~Mr. Frizzy's Mille Fleur D'Uccle Project Eggs~. Won by shadyglade, for $18.

Auction by tfpets, for "NOT CUCKOO MARANS EGGS". Won by brkuk, for $15.55

Auction by The Monkey Mama, for 6+ extras EEs. Won by shelleyd2008, for $10 ("And I would take the pink ones too!")

Auction by oberhaslikid, for 1 dozen silkie eggs. Won by shadyglade, for $19.

Auction by Pumpkinpup, for 6+ bantam cochin eggs. Won by luvs2garden2000, for $25.

Auction by Pumpkinpup, for 8 silkie eggs. Won by chicken women, for $22.

Auction by jmhappycowboy, for 12 Blue Turkens eggs. Won by okcarla, for $21

Auction by jmhappycowboy, for 6 Bantam EE eggs. Won by poultrykeeper08, for $20.

Auction by halo, for 12+ of my blue/barred rocks. Won by Badhdh, for $15.

Auction by KellyHM, for 6+ Assorted Bantams. Won by needmorechickens!, for $15 (on Silkies).

Auction by onthespot, for 4 olive egger eggs. Won by Badhbh, for $20.

Auction by oberhaslikid, for second dozen Silkies. Won by mom'sfolly, for $18

Auction by laskaland, for 12 Polish eggs. Won by gamebirdsonly, for $16.

Auction by ladybug4ut1, for 4 Cayuga eggs. Won by danielnv, for $12.

Auction by AussieSharon, for 6 Bantam Barred Rock eggs. Won by Slightly Cracked, for $18.

Auction by shelleyd2008, for about 2 dzn. Button Quail eggs. Won by tfpets, for $10.

Auction by onthespot, for Tipsy's and Muffy's eggs. Won by okcarla, for $22.

Auction by tazcat70, for week's worth of mixed eggs. Won by luvs2garden2000, for $10.

Auction by onthespot, for BIN mottled cochin eggs. Won by blasto, for $10.

Auction by onthespot, for six plus extras BBS marans. Won by GracefulBantams, for $10 (yay!).

Auction by shadyglade, for 12 RIR eggs. Won by ArabiansR2Cool, for $10.

Auction by millebantam, for 36 button quail eggs. Won by shadyglade, for $15.

Auction by The Monkey Mama, for 6+ EEs. Won by kirbypt, for $12.

*I do not guarantee this information to all be correct, but I believe it is
smile.png

Current Auctions:

Auction by KellyHM, for 20+ Quail eggs.

Auction by shelleyd2008, for 4+ duck eggs.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

The BYC staff have been discussing this thread extensively and something very important came up during our conversations which is was related to this thread being a fundraiser, which we unfortunately can't allow on BYC.

Regarding donations, fundraiser, etc.: We have discussed this a lot over the years and have decided that we can't allow public donations or solicitations for donations. Unfortunately we've had to draw a hard line and disallow fund raising or any other types of charitable requests. There are two main reasons:

1) Fraud - There have been multiple times where members have been burned when trying to "do the right thing". We aren't saying this is one of those times, but our first obligation is to protect our members. Unfortunately this comes with a price and we've had to weigh the pros and cons of both decisions.

2) Consistent Rule Enforcement / Setting A Precedent - We realized early on that when we allowed one person (or group on behalf of a person) to promote or receive charitable gifts / donations it opens up potential floodgates for other members to request the same. We'd end up with a ton of charity posts and then emails saying "Well, you let xxxx member ask / receive money for their problems / cause... why can't we!?".

Now, since this thread just recently came to our attention as a fundraising thread, we won't remove it, but after talking with the original poster we've decided to simply close it. If there are some loose ends that need to be addressed, please do so via PM.

Again, it hasn't been an easy decision but we're obligated to do what is best for the community as a whole even if it has the unfortunate look like we are blocking help to a person or organization that really is having a hard time or needs help. Hopefully this doesn't come across mean, but shows how much we know and care about the BYC community.

Thank you all for being an engaged and caring community. If you have any questions or need clarification on any of the above, just pm the original poster or a member of the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom