1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Crazy Egg Chain

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by siz8003, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Ok, to kick this off, let me explain how it works:

Person A offers (fertile) eggs. We would like to keep a minimum of 6, but if you would like to offer more that would be fine too. Person B likes what is offered and says "I'll take those and in turn offer..." Person C likes those and offers some of their eggs.

To qualify for accepting an offer, you need to post what you are offering in return in the same post.

When each trade is posted, please pm or email the person who offered the eggs and work out the shipping arrangements. We will be starting another thread for pics of eggs and hatches, etc.

The person receiving the eggs will pay no shipping because the person who sends them will have received their eggs without paying shipping as well. This will keep the thread moving along without a lot of complications.

All types of poultry are welcome in the swap. Eggs that are offered need to be pure

Side trades are welcome, but be sure everyone is clear what you are doing to avoid confusion.

Please offer eggs that you will have available to ship withing two weeks of offering. This will help keep things straight on the thread and allow more people the opportunity to participate.

Please limit all shipping related business to PM's and emails.

If you offer shipping only deals, please start your own thread in the buy/sell/trade section. This will also help eliminate some of the confusion.

If people will PM me when they start receiving their eggs, we will start a new thread so everyone can discuss how their eggs arrived, progress in incubation, hatching, etc. I will link it to this thread.

Thanks everyone for your participation! This is not so much about how fast it can move as it is about trading eggs and making friends.

This should prove to be a lot of fun! We can now all be related through our chickens!

If you have comments or suggestions about the thread along the way, feel free to PM or email me.

Let's get this party started!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    Yea It was a blast last year.

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    there is a lock on the thread, cant get in.
    what are you planning on working with this yr siz?

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    It was a blast last year. I'd love to do it again.

5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    What are the rules? Is it pure breeds only or what? Somebody get us started!!!

~Rebecca

6. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    There was one for pures and one for mutts.

7. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    danger will robinson

8. peckndirt

peckndirt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    North Carolina
    I wanna play,I wanna play ,Whats a egg chain exactly . I assume it's sending eggs.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    Chickn I want to try to stick to silkies and salmon favs but I cant seem to get any good LFSF.

nivtup why danger?

and can someone find the rule page for the last chain?

10. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Ok, to kick this off, let me explain how it works:

Person A offers (fertile) eggs. We would like to keep a minimum of 6, but if you would like to offer more that would be fine too. Person B likes what is offered and says "I'll take those and in turn offer..." Person C likes those and offers some of their eggs.

To qualify for accepting an offer, you need to post what you are offering in return in the same post.

When each trade is posted, please pm or email the person who offered the eggs and work out the shipping arrangements. We will be starting another thread for pics of eggs and hatches, etc.

The person receiving the eggs will pay no shipping because the person who sends them will have received their eggs without paying shipping as well. This will keep the thread moving along without a lot of complications.

All types of poultry are welcome in the swap. Eggs that are offered need to be pure.

Side trades are welcome, but be sure everyone is clear what you are doing to avoid confusion.

Please offer eggs that you will have available to ship withing two weeks of offering. This will help keep things straight on the thread and allow more people the opportunity to participate.

Please limit all shipping related business to PM's and emails.

If you offer shipping only deals, please start your own thread in the buy/sell/trade section. This will also help eliminate some of the confusion.

If people will PM me when they start receiving their eggs, we will start a new thread so everyone can discuss how their eggs arrived, progress in incubation, hatching, etc. I will link it to this thread.

Thanks everyone for your participation! This is not so much about how fast it can move as it is about trading eggs and making friends.

This should prove to be a lot of fun! We can now all be related through our chickens!

If you have comments or suggestions about the thread along the way, feel free to PM or email me.

Let's get this party started!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=59843&p=1

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by