Crazy Emu Story

We are very happy they came home!! Thats funny about your dog. As i was trying to herd mine back home ours bucked up against my brother in laws German Shepard. The dog backed down very quickly! Even as young aa ours are they are large and can be intimidating

Something ALMOST similar happened with my 6 month old BR Bantam. I usually let them all out and take them to the garden and keep them under supervision, (for predator reasons) but that day was different. I opened the door and let them out. They all knew the path to the garden (except a few) and left. I went to put a chicken in the garden and came back to see my BR Bantam missing! I was totally freaking out when I saw her about 2 feet deep in the forest. This girl does NOT like being picked up and will do a little sprint before she allows you to do so, so I couldn't reach in and get her. There's NO fence, so she honestly could've left. It's a full on forest with ivy and bushes, so I couldn't even go in. I called her 6 times before she actually came to me! I trust all my girls to just let them out, because they come when I call them and some even wait for me to go with them, but she's like a 'lone chicken'. :lau

Back
Top Bottom