Crazy for boiled eggs!!!

amgreen1980

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Steelville, Missouri
Goodness, If I wasn't the one that filled their food 2 times a day, I would think that these kids hadn't eaten for a week! It took literally the amount of time for me to put the plate of mashed up boiled eggs (2 for 7 chicks), put in a load of laundry and the eggs were GONE! They were going crazy! And my shy little lightning is a smart girl, she grabbed her bite and hid behind the waterer. Then came back, grabbed another bite and ran!
wee.gif
NO ONE was gonna grab her bites!
droolin.gif

My 'babies' are 11 weeks old, but boiled eggs are still their favorite treat. I only do it once in a while, now, but they still go crazy. They still grab a chunk and run away to eat it, so their sisters can't steal their bite.

I have to agree my chicks still love hard boiled egg the best as well. If I blink it's gone. A close second is the grass and bugs they get during our field trips. They are now almost 4 weeks old so we are taking supervised trips to the outdoor run so they can get used to it before it's time to actually be out all the time. I am hoping that it will make them better about being out once I let them out for a whole day.

Other favorites I have noticed are banana, watermelon, spaghetti (big favorite because it wiggles) corn off the cob, and cooked oatmeal but not dry.

Good luck with your babies!!

Back
Top Bottom