Crazy girl

They say you can either use a heater or keep a hole open in the ice. I don't have experience with that, so I can't advise.
Okay thanks! Can you do that even if it’s not necessarily a deep enough pond to not freeze? We had a fish survive in our much smaller and shallower one in the front garden years ago and we didn’t do anything special for it (pond was covered with snow and ice) so I’m wondering if these ones will be fine if I poke a hole in the ice?? Cause I don’t really have anywhere to move them to. And back then I was little and of course didn’t know anything. I thought the fish would die but it didn’t.

My goldfish one was a 20 long lol and I had both 10s in my room so it would have been 20 spilling lol I would worry having a huge 75 or something :eek:

But the tanks don’t usually tip over. They’re actually quite hard to move once filled lol especially once you add the substrate on the bottom and everything. They are heavy as heck! Haha I guess they could potentially be hit or something though and crack.

And yeah we used to to! But they are so much happier and healthier with more room lol although they don’t necessarily need 10. I just spoil mine and the tanks were on sale 😂🤣 but I wouldn’t go below like 2.5 for a betta I don’t think. Even that’s pushing it lol I like 5 or of course 10 with plants and maybe other fish in it though I didn’t have any. But I always feel bad for the fish in the little teeny cups at the stores lol or the tiny tiny things they sell.
😂 I feel a little better knowing the tank wont tip 😅 after this thread I fell asleep watching people on youtube with goldfish. This lady got a black goldfish and it eventually transformed to gold again, so fascinating!

I always feel bad for those fish in cups, too! They have NO room until they get a person to take a chance on them.... or they die.

You're from MA?? My godfather lived in Methuen until he passed 9 years ago. His wife still lives there. I visited him twice and it was so green, and the houses were so pretty!!! Omgoodness one day, I'll go back.
Anywho!
I feel so far in CA but maybe we wouldnt have to worry about winter since it doesnt snow where I'm at?

😂 I feel a little better knowing the tank wont tip 😅 after this thread I fell asleep watching people on youtube with goldfish. This lady got a black goldfish and it eventually transformed to gold again, so fascinating!

I always feel bad for those fish in cups, too! They have NO room until they get a person to take a chance on them.... or they die.
Yeah, trust me they don’t just tip over! LOL just don’t have it near the edge just in case 😂😜 but they are very hard to move once filled!

And yes!! I actually got a dark grey one and was worried it wasn’t even a goldfish at first LOL and I was told on here that the babies are sometimes different colors but they usually always eventually go back to gold. I thought it was kind of cool having a grey one LOL

I bought mine as little tiny feeders at the store and watched them grow 🥰

And yessss!! I always feel so bad!! I like taking a chance sometimes and getting the poor looking ones and trying to save them :)

You're from MA?? My godfather lived in Methuen until he passed 9 years ago. His wife still lives there. I visited him twice and it was so green, and the houses were so pretty!!! Omgoodness one day, I'll go back.
Anywho!
I feel so far in CA but maybe we wouldnt have to worry about winter since it doesnt snow where I'm at?
Yes I am!! That’s awesome!! Methuen is like an hour from me I think. I’m on the south shore between Boston and Cape Cod. :)

And yeah that’s good about winter!! Although you do have fires right?

Our winters have actually been quite mild the last few years with like barely any snow! And often no fall either LOL it was like summer into September even a bit of October last year :eek:

I haven’t been able to wear hoodies lately 😭

BUT! I’m thinking this year we will actually get a real fall and winter lol it came early this year. I’m actually excited LOL I miss all the snow we used to get.

Yeah, trust me they don’t just tip over! LOL just don’t have it near the edge just in case 😂😜 but they are very hard to move once filled!

And yes!! I actually got a dark grey one and was worried it wasn’t even a goldfish at first LOL and I was told on here that the babies are sometimes different colors but they usually always eventually go back to gold. I thought it was kind of cool having a grey one LOL

I bought mine as little tiny feeders at the store and watched them grow 🥰

And yessss!! I always feel so bad!! I like taking a chance sometimes and getting the poor looking ones and trying to save them :)
Dark grey?! Did it ever change to gold?
She says the koi died by getting stuck in one of the plants so now its just 2 goldfish. I haven't had much success saving animals but I bought a dying succulent on sale years ago and I would talk to it; would say how besutiful it is and how big and strong it would be, and out of all my succulents, it has grown soooooo much!!
Yes I am!! That’s awesome!! Methuen is like an hour from me I think. I’m on the south shore between Boston and Cape Cod. :)

And yeah that’s good about winter!! Although you do have fires right?

Our winters have actually been quite mild the last few years with like barely any snow! And often no fall either LOL it was like summer into September even a bit of October last year :eek:

I haven’t been able to wear hoodies lately 😭

BUT! I’m thinking this year we will actually get a real fall and winter lol it came early this year. I’m actually excited LOL I miss all the snow we used to get.
Niiice, you're not too far from Methuen :D thats pretty cool. We have fires but my city hasn't been affected... and earthquakes but I have only ever felt 2-3 aftershock movements from ones that occurred in other places.
And we dont have a true fall either and our winters don't get cold enough to snow. We went to the snow for the first time in January and omgoodness i was sooo unprepared 🤣 it was so cold!! 😅🤣

It is very hot for October. 100° today!?

Dark grey?! Did it ever change to gold?
She says the koi died by getting stuck in one of the plants so now its just 2 goldfish. I haven't had much success saving animals but I bought a dying succulent on sale years ago and I would talk to it; would say how besutiful it is and how big and strong it would be, and out of all my succulents, it has grown soooooo much!!

Niiice, you're not too far from Methuen :D thats pretty cool. We have fires but my city hasn't been affected... and earthquakes but I have only ever felt 2-3 aftershock movements from ones that occurred in other places.
And we dont have a true fall either and our winters don't get cold enough to snow. We went to the snow for the first time in January and omgoodness i was sooo unprepared 🤣 it was so cold!! 😅🤣

It is very hot for October. 100° today!?
Yes it did!!! It’s one of the 4 out there but I can’t even tell which one it was anymore lol And that’s amazing about your plant!! :love I havent had very many bettas but the ones I have had good lives and got brighter colors :)

And yeah I don’t like cold but like the pretty of the snow LOL

And 100!? Omg! It’s cold tonight 😭

Back
Top Bottom