Crazy gun toting neighbour and his dogs

People shot here all the time. Our neighbors do it constantly. We are country, so here it's legal and fine, as long as you aren't shooting towards any structures or roads. It is annoying, but we can't do anything about it.

I don’t think I could deal with that constantly 😂🙈 but then again we have highway noises here along with train and air traffic so I guess you’d get used to it just like I’ve gotten used to that stuff. Although with those it’s not all the time.

So, we’re moving onto my partners Mums property. I’ve ordered a heavy duty dog run for a temporary fix and I’ve got a small coop already that will suffice. Here’s my problem:

we’ll be out on the far side of the property next to an old war veteran who is literally bonkers.He shoots his gun all day everyday and he’s now decided to let his dogs roam free.. meaning they come onto her Mums property and harass her chooks and ducks and dogs and will eat the chooks if they have the chance. They’ve already killed quite a few animals... The man can not be spoken to and WILL NOT tie his dogs up. I’m going to wire the top and bottom of my cages but I’ve got some nice show birds and I don’t want to risk it. We can’t really call council because the neighbor can have a go at her Mum for things If he really wanted to be an ass.. which he is. We also have a new baby and our dog and I don’t want to be afraid and confined in my house. They’re apparently crazy cattle dogs and you “shouldn’t even get close to them”. I love all animals and I don’t want to do anything like trap and relocate or bait.. but with the man being a lunatic, talking like civilised people isn’t an option either. Like I’m concerned about my chooks but at this point they’re so nuts I have to worry about my family’s safety as well. Any advice?
I’ve got a neighbor like that... I’ve never spoken to him but whenever his dog comes over we fire up a BB gun and slingshot. We never hurt the dog, though.

So, we’re moving onto my partners Mums property. I’ve ordered a heavy duty dog run for a temporary fix and I’ve got a small coop already that will suffice. Here’s my problem:

we’ll be out on the far side of the property next to an old war veteran who is literally bonkers.He shoots his gun all day everyday and he’s now decided to let his dogs roam free.. meaning they come onto her Mums property and harass her chooks and ducks and dogs and will eat the chooks if they have the chance. They’ve already killed quite a few animals... The man can not be spoken to and WILL NOT tie his dogs up. I’m going to wire the top and bottom of my cages but I’ve got some nice show birds and I don’t want to risk it. We can’t really call council because the neighbor can have a go at her Mum for things If he really wanted to be an ass.. which he is. We also have a new baby and our dog and I don’t want to be afraid and confined in my house. They’re apparently crazy cattle dogs and you “shouldn’t even get close to them”. I love all animals and I don’t want to do anything like trap and relocate or bait.. but with the man being a lunatic, talking like civilised people isn’t an option either. Like I’m concerned about my chooks but at this point they’re so nuts I have to worry about my family’s safety as well. Any advice?
Has anyone ACTUALLY talked to him in the past to determine he's psycho? I mean I shoot guns all the time and im not psycho. At least I dont think i am. Or am I? I'll talk it over with myself and decide later.

Allowing the dogs to run loose is irresponsible and dangerous. If this is the case, call your local law enforcement agency and notify them immediately. Let them handle the confrontation. If he harasses you afterwards, contact the agent again. I usually do not push litigation but if thats what's necessary to keep your loved ones and property safe, so be it.

Is it even legal to shoot a gun in your backyard like that? That’s definitely something I’d check on because even in areas that you can hunt, you can’t just randomly shoot
depends where you live, i guess,

and for us here in Canada as long as its safe and legal to dispatch a gun we can legally shoot (non-restricted guns only) on private property, keeping in mind the words safe and legal. quite often we hear some shooting.

gets more complicated on crown land and then each province views it differently from my knowledge. on poaching versus target.

but on topic, not sure your laws regarding gun's, but just because some on likes shooting guns does not mean there crazy, yet there are crazy people out there. just saying.

Back
Top Bottom