Crazy Headfeathers???

rhotes

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 30, 2013
El Paso, TX
This pretty little thing is supposed to be a cuckoo maran. But….. she doesn't look like the pics I've seen of cuckoo marans. And what's up with those crazy little head feathers??? Anybody have any ideas? She's sure a pretty little grey thing. I just love her.

Where did she come from? Certainly not a Marans. Any eggs yet? Could be a cream Legbar.

I ordered her from mypetchicken.com. Paid ten bucks for her and she was supposed to be the only cuckoo maran left. Same thing happened with my last order from them. Here is a picture of my "Buff Rock" I ordered from last time. HAHA! But my pretty pittle "maran" is such a beautiful grey, just lovely, really. Just wish I knew what she was. And those head feathers! LOL!

She is a cream Legbar then, and you got a bargain (they are $47 unsexed). You will also get blue eggs.

Last edited:
She's not the right color for a Legbar. I'd bet she's actually one of their Olive Eggers. It says they have a Legbar x Marans line: http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Day-Old-Baby-Chicks/Olive-Eggers-p1478.aspx And the females are $10, so the price is right.
smile.png
Whoops, forgot about those! Your answer makes more sense than mine! Too many designer breeds to keep track of.

Last edited:
I'd second the Olive egger. It will be interesting to see what color eggs she lays. Good news is she's definitely a she
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom