CRAZY Muscovies on eggbid!!

ishy! Thats way to much for me! Is that really what show quality should look like? I don't think I have ever seen that much on any muscovy personally.

, show quality scovies should have lots of caruncling.

I love it when people call 'caruncles' 'CARBUNCLES'!!!

those ain't 'carbuncles' on that boid

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
I wish I could remember what one of my neighbors called them. I'll have to ask her when I see her again. It was the oddest name & I was totally confused at first to what she was talking about.​

Last edited:
Thats way to much for me! Is that really what show quality should look like?

Yes, the drake in the first pic may be a little excessive, but the one in the second link pic 10 is absolutely gorgeous.

The hens in the second link also have great caruncling, wish mine looked that good.
sad.png

Last edited:
In my standard it says the more the better!

What year is your standard? In the 2001 edition it states Sides of Head and Face - covered uniformly with carnucles which may extend to the neck.

In Oscar Grow's Modern Waterfowl Management & Breeding Guide he states Sides of face, above and below the eyes, displaying uniformly developed, large and numerous caruncles that often extend to the neck. Other things equal, the more conspicuous these caruncles, the more desirable, provided they do not restrict the vision or intrude upon the crest inasmuch as well developed caruncles are features distinguishing the pruebred muscovy from the uncaruncled or slightly caruncled hybrids.

Last edited:
I like caruncling, for my own birds I just prefer less than what a show quality bird would have. I am especially partial to the Muscovies with the Black Caruncling, i know it's incorrect for showing, but MAn, it is just gorgeous looking! I also prefer the lumpier caruncles over the more flat-looking ones...those are just odd, lol.

This is one of my oldMuscovy Drakes, Zilla: (checking out the pups with Nibbles)
100_3697.JPG

Last edited:
Those drakes remind me of the painting of Nixon where it looks like he's made of melting wax. xD

Back
Top Bottom