Crazy Question

I am really not sure which thread to ask a question in so here it goes. We have Cinnamon Queen chickens which I love :) Every time I hard boil my eggs the yolk is always at the bottom of the fat part of the egg. Has this happened to anyone else? I have asked many farmers and no one has any clue. I know when you hard boil a store bought egg the yolk is in the middle area when you cut into it so you can make them pretty with the yellow goodness when you make deviled eggs. Not mine though you can have a deviled cup instead. If anyone has a clue please share with me. I hard boil my eggs the normal way which is eggs in pot and cool water over eggs and then bring to a boil and the turn on low covered. So I know it is not that.
Sorry, I'm a couple days late in answering your yolk question. The night before I was gonna boil eggs for breakfast, a hen layed a rubber egg in the run as I was putting them to roost. I didn't want to chance boiling a shell less egg so I fried it.
Today I boiled 2, 3 week old eggs and the yolk was at, near the center. They have been pointy side down in the fridge. They were delicious, the taste immediately took me back to child hood. My mom had chickens when I grew up. So much more tasty than store bought. So give it a shot, let some sit it the fridge 21 days pointy end down and see if it works for you. GC

Back
Top Bottom