CRD - Duramycin dosage for chickens?

To be clear on the egg withdrawal time for Duramycin 10, this product is NOT labeled for egg layers and states on the label “Not for use in turkeys or chickens producing eggs for human consumption”. This product has not been tested on eggs, therefore Durvet cannot recommend anything for off-label use. It is suggested that you contact your veterinarian for advice.
Customer Service, Durvet, Inc.

To be clear on the egg withdrawal time for Duramycin 10, this product is NOT labeled for egg layers and states on the label “Not for use in turkeys or chickens producing eggs for human consumption”. This product has not been tested on eggs, therefore Durvet cannot recommend anything for off-label use. It is suggested that you contact your veterinarian for advice.

To be clear on the egg withdrawal time for Duramycin 10, this product is NOT labeled for egg layers and states on the label “Not for use in turkeys or chickens producing eggs for human consumption”.  This product has not been tested on eggs, therefore Durvet cannot recommend anything for off-label use.  It is suggested that you contact your veterinarian for advice.

See post #13 in this link:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/761634/dosage-for-duramycin-10/10#post_11997763

Dossage of Duramycin/ tetracyline there is 6.4 oz to a package or 181 mg per pack--do the math. 181 mg devided by 12.5 gal. of water = 14. 48 g -------Use a measureing teaspoon = 5 grams so you need 2 1/2 teaspoons level teaspoon { use a measureing teaspoon } per gallon of water- --That is a 800 mg mixture. -I have just three chickens and i use 1/2 that amount in a 1/2 gallont mixture---i mix it early morning and of course they go to roost at dark, so that covers me for the day. Its my understanding that you need to give this medication for 10 to 14 days to make sure the infection is completely gone. Make sure you feed them good. Mine loves raw spinach .. i let them eat their usual food and give them spinach as a treat

I need dosage info for my 3 chickens - they are 12 weeks old today, and this morning I found my Japanese Bantam with a foamy eye and swollen nostrils. Her voice is croaky, and she sneezed a few times. Around her eyes is swollen and red too....she looks just like me when I have a cold! lol...poor thing!

I got Duramycin-10, but I need to figure the dosage for 400mg in 1/2gal water. The directions on the back of the package are for using the entire 6.4ozs of powder.....I am not going to mix 25gal of medicine water for 3 chickens!

I was hoping maybe there was a chart somewhere, or someone else figured this out first. I am horrible at math! LOL

Sounds like my Rhoad island red has this... what do I do?? what is it???

Back
Top Bottom