CRD? How to know for sure??

Terramycin will not help your bird in this case. As Dlhunicorn suggested, tylan 50 injectable is your best course of action unless you go to the vet. They will give you baytril. It is hard to say how long it will take to infect others. Each chicken has its own resistance to certain infections so it is hard to guess, they may get it, they may not. By the time you see bubbling in the eyes, that infection has been there a while. It will usually start with a congested wheezy sound and go from there.
Tylan 50 will help within 3 days (injectable)
Gallimycin will help within 4-10 days (water soluble)
Oxytetracyline will help within 4-10 days (water soluble)
Aeromycin may help within 7-10 days

I give avia charge in water daily. My girls have never looked so good and healthy.

Does Tylan come in water soluble? I've never gave my chickens an injection and have absolutely no idea how to do it.

No, tylan 50 does not come in water soluble. The injection is very simple though. I will see if I can find the website regarding this. You inject just under the skin in the breast area for 3 days doing a different spot each day. Ask your vet for a 20 gauge needle, tylan 50 is a little thick.

edited to add: I stand corrected, sorry about that. Tylan does come in water soluble, I've never seen it this way before, now I have.
smile.png
Thanks OHCHICK.

Last edited:
Chickaroo! :

Does Tylan come in water soluble? I've never gave my chickens an injection and have absolutely no idea how to do it.

yes, you can order it from Meyer Hatchery.​

Thanks OHChick. I was a little taken aback when I saw the price of it!! Wow!! Wonder what the price difference is in the injectable kind?

Chickenlady: When giving an injection, is there a possibility of doing something wrong and hurting the chicken? DH would have to do it. I can't even stand taking my dogs to the vet for shots.

Chickaroo! :

Thanks OHChick. I was a little taken aback when I saw the price of it!! Wow!! Wonder what the price difference is in the injectable kind?

Chickenlady: When giving an injection, is there a possibility of doing something wrong and hurting the chicken? DH would have to do it. I can't even stand taking my dogs to the vet for shots.

the injectible kind is a lot cheaper. in my case i treated an entire flock, so giving shots to 26 chickens was kind of out of the question.​

With the injectible tylan, you know the bird is getting the correct dosage, with the water soluable, unless you are pouring it down the birds throat, you can't really be sure they are getting the correct amount.

Back
Top Bottom