Cream Legbar, cross?

Cream Legbar laid her first blue egg yesterday! So she is a pure breed! And apparently likes leftover xmas dinner!

Thanks,

Charli

you can also use lipstick on the vent - discard lipstick tube afterward -
sickbyc.gif

I never discard the tube, I put it back in my wife's drawer of make up junk, so she doesn't yell at me for using her stuff.

I like the crest on your Creamer (my term for cream bar rooster, Creamettes are hens).

Other wise your birds look a lot like mine so I agree with everything said, (A day late of course) . The CLB eggs would be bluish I would think. If there is a green tint they would not be the olive green, in mine anyways.

A photo:

Front right is the Speckledy egg (huge!), front left and back right obviously the Cream Legbar, back left is the Marans (usually they're a bit darker though)

Well your Legbars definitely look like legbars! Very nice birds! But her egg would be blue to light blue to green, not brown speckled. It could be your light sussex. Some times the eggs can get kind of a "spray paint" on them on their way out and get the speckled look.
I have a Cream Legbar that is laying brown eggs. I have field cam pictures of her getting on the nest with no egg and getting off the nest with a brown egg.

Back
Top Bottom