Cream Legbar Eggs Individually Sold

Thanks Celtic Farms.

The positive feedback, here and mainly in PMs is amazing. Sure makes this worth doing from my end. It takes time to collect the eggs, store them right, and manage my flocks in a healthy natural way. Northern CA to Florida is quite the distance. I'm glad your purchase of 1.5 dozen from me (plus 6) got you 18 healthy chicks! That's truly an excellent cross country hatch! You must be good at hatching, too!

For those considering eggs, once in a blue moon a shipment will arrive in perfect condition via post office and not hatch. It's not fertility. I hatch my own eggs. I also test crack a dozen to see what rates are like (see below). When a hatch does fail, I feel as disappointed as the buyer and often try to work out something for a re-send. I can't change the postal service and whatever they do, but I do want those that purchase eggs to have chicks.

Top egg fertile. Dish center egg not fertile. I cracked these in February before starting my incubator and before shipping. Celtic Farms was one of the first shipments out this year, so I know my product is solid.

Hello!

I am interested in ordering 15 of your Cream Legbar hatching eggs. I am a little confused about something in your post however... not all of your hens lay blue eggs? Isn't this the standard for that breed?

Let me know!

Thank you,

Cindy Reinhardt

Cindy,
Thanks for asking. The cream legbars all lay blue eggs. I just carry a mixed backyard flock. All my roosters are cream legbars, but some of my hens are not. They are Welsummers, Red Laced Blue and Golden Laced Wyandottes, Barred Rock, and several crosses. I emphasis the number of roos to hens so that buyers know the ratio for male to female is quite high for solid fertility rates. My blue egg layers are the cream legbars. I will only send you those eggs.

Back
Top Bottom