Cream Legbar Hybrid Thread

Quote:
Not true.

In the dog world, the sire ALWAYS goes first, and the X does mean that the progeny comes "out of" the female.

Pretty sure it's the same with horses, and I have always done it this way with my birds.

However, there definitely is confusion because so many people don't know this, and therefore, it is better not to assume, unless you know the speaker/writer knows how to list them correctly.

If you are reading a pedigree with brackets, the offspring is to the left, and to the right, the sire is always the TOP line and the dam is always the bottom line.

And CCL mum, Bielfelder Dad
Very much a cross of the two breeds. Like a CCL but a more salmon Breast and more meaty.
I have pullets as well but they were lying in the shade and the photos didn't turn out. They look quite different. Will try to get another set of photos later.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I have some of the same across too. They are 5 weeks old so not much to compare with. My hope this cross will not flighty like pure CCL.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I have some of the same across too. They are 5 weeks old so not much to compare with. My hope this cross will not flighty like pure CCL.
HI Speedy,
I've heard people say that about the CCL but I've not found that to be the case at all. Some of them have been..."pecky" if you can call it that. seemed to always want to be pecking at me for something but one of my sweetest hens I have is a CCL. She finds any chance at all to tuck under my arm when she can, and my two roos that I had to let go...they would fight for a position on my lap. I sold one to a fellow on the island here and the other one I still feel remorse about having to get rid of as he was just so sweet.I think in most breeds a ton of it depends on the time you spend with them.
My five friendliest birds...the real cuddlers are five different breeds.....
But barring having the time to spend to get them really tame, yes some breeds just seem to be a bit less skittish. And the Bielefelders are certainly that. I think maybe it's just because they're too big and slow to be skittish! ;-)
I think this cross is going to be an amazing hybrid. I have several of these roos and they are all pretty docile. The hens should lay beautiful green eggs. Excess roos will be a great table bird.
Let me know as they grow how they are working out for you

And CCL mum, Bielfelder Dad
Very much a cross of the two breeds. Like a CCL but a more salmon Breast and more meaty.
I have pullets as well but they were lying in the shade and the photos didn't turn out. They look quite different. Will try to get another set of photos later.

Here I go, Dont slap me, but he looks better than most pure breed legbar roos.
hide.gif

I think it would clear up any confusion if people would just take the time to write out hen and rooster and also the breed. It gets tiresome trying to figure out people's abbreviations and some of the more rare/obscure breeds. Is BA referring to Black Australorp or Blue Andalusian? There are so many breeds out there that it is nearly impossible to know the initials for all of them.

I think it would clear up any confusion if people would just take the time to write out hen and rooster and also the breed. It gets tiresome trying to figure out people's abbreviations and some of the more rare/obscure breeds. Is BA referring to Black Australorp or Blue Andalusian? There are so many breeds out there that it is nearly impossible to know the initials for all of them.

I too have trouble sometimes trying to figure out what some of the abbreviations refer to. If the first time the named breed is spelled out and then abbreviated later in the post that makes it much easier for me. Kern

This is a cross between a cream legbar hen and a white sizzle rooster. I was told earlier that both these chicks are pullets.
this is what she looks like now

Here is my second chick from this cross as both a day old and how she looks now at 7 weeks

Aren't they both so cute? Especially the second one? She has the prettiest frizzled feathers and has such intricate black and white markings on them

They are so cute!!!

So if Silkie/Cream Legbar is a Creamsicle, what is a Sizzle/CL? Creamsizzle?
love.gif

This is a Delaware x Legbar Cross. My broody made three of them. They are exactly alike, except 2 are crested.

Back
Top Bottom