1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Cream Legbar Pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sunnydalefarms, Nov 29, 2011.

1. boykin2010

boykin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2010
    South Georgia
    Quote:I dont know about everyone elses but mine are a little on the flighy side. I think this is because i didnt raise them from chicks so they get scared if i try to touch them or pick them up. They arent crazy though like leghorns. Just not very tame.
    My rooster is a lot more friendly than the hen but i think this is because i got him when he was younger but the hen was about 4.5 months old when i got her.

2. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    I am enjoying this thread. I would really love to hear more from people about temperament of this breed. I am almost sold on this breed. I just love the look of the birds (so pretty!), the blue eggs are awesome and the fact that they can be sexed at hatch is GREAT. But, for me, temperament is huge in deciding the breeds I keep. I want happy birds that come running to greet me [​IMG] - not scared birds that run away when the see me coming [​IMG].

3. sunnydalefarms

sunnydalefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    I think raised from chicks they would be just fine. However most of us got them as juveniles from GFF so bonding did not begin until later. They do come when I bring treats though and will eat out of my hand.

4. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Your CL pair is looking good Boykin. Won't be too much longer by the looks of them.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Who can resist a chicken who lays a blue egg like that!

6. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Here are some photos of the chicks I've hatched out. Females have dark stripe from head to tail with chipmunk stripes on back. Males have a white spot on their heads and are lighter in general.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    What are Cream Legbars?

Are they like EEs?

8. WafflesTheChicken

WafflesTheChicken Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2011
    I have a cream legbar [​IMG] She's not very pretty, she's actually quite ugly! Sooo i named her olga [​IMG]

9. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Quote:Sorry, been real busy at work or I would've responded earlier. One of the best characteristics of the cream legbar is that it is an auto sexing breed. Which means its chicks are visibly sexable soon after hatch. Unlike sex linked birds, this trait passes on from generation to generation. Here is a link to the CL thread. Lots of info there about them.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=459044

10. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    9 week old CCL pullet

Sunnydale, how are your chicks looking? Post pictures please!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by