Cream Legbar roo over Light Sussex hen?

Beemz

In the Brooder
Jun 30, 2020
Should be sex linked? Females being gold while males being pale yellow.
Any photos of these crosses from chicks to adults?
Thank you 😊

All offspring single barred cream Columbian with golden males and gold females.
Whether you will be able to sex from hatch I don’t know because the cream and Columbian might make the down invariably yellow.

All offspring single barred cream Columbian with golden males and gold females.
Whether you will be able to sex from hatch I don’t know because the cream and Columbian might make the down invariably yellow.
Wouldn’t the cream not show up since it’s recessive?

It is? Oh. I didn’t know that. Then it wouldn’t show up.
Just found this thread as I've done this cross - CLB X Light Sussex.
Twice now I've had white birds (yellow chicks) which were roos and gold birds (red/orange chicks) which were pullets. Only hatched 4 of these but consistent so far. Must be sex linked, I'd say.
Lay a lovely, light green speckled egg. Hens are lovely looking, good layers too! I'll add pics if I can.

Just found this thread as I've done this cross - CLB X Light Sussex.
Twice now I've had white birds (yellow chicks) which were roos and gold birds (red/orange chicks) which were pullets. Only hatched 4 of these but consistent so far. Must be sex linked, I'd say.
Lay a lovely, light green speckled egg. Hens are lovely looking, good layers too! I'll add pics if I can.
I would like to see pictures of this cross, for myself. too.

Here is a light Sussex x cream Legbar. I’m not sure which parent was which but it’s sexed linked apparently and will lay light blue / green eggs ❤️ I have two of these and they look pretty much the same. I’ll post pics when they are older because I was looking for examples of this cross.

IMG_6032.jpeg
IMG_6034.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom