Cream Legbar, Welsummer or Welbar???

What breed are these girls?

• Total voters
They look similar to my Welsummers. Cream Legbars have a more gray-ish color to them, along with a variety of patterns stretched across their wings and back, and a slight crest. Welbar chicks also look similar to your chicks, although they have a brown cape (or large stripe) on their back, which your chicks do not have.

How old are your chicks? I think we can better tell the breed if you could update us with pictures of them at about three weeks and up! :)

The chicks could also not be Easter Eggers, as Easter Egger chicks do not have the brown eyeliner stripe marking that Welsummer, Welbar and Cream Legbar chicks have. Instead, they possess a triangle or other similarly-shaped marking just behind their eye (sometimes it appears to be just a line, though it is positioned behind the eye and doesn't go through the eye, like the other breed's eyeliners.) In addition, Easter Egger chicks do not have the brown triangle that goes down a Welsummer chick's head. However, Easter Egger chicks have a small black stripe that goes down their head.

Hope this helps!

Looks like a welsummer to me, I had one once, however I don't know anything about the other two breeds.
Here is an updated pic of the same chick, she is pretty petite.

Attachments

• IMG_6874.jpeg
    IMG_6874.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
They look similar to my Welsummers. Cream Legbars have a more gray-ish color to them, along with a variety of patterns stretched across their wings and back, and a slight crest. Welbar chicks also look similar to your chicks, although they have a brown cape (or large stripe) on their back, which your chicks do not have.

How old are your chicks? I think we can better tell the breed if you could update us with pictures of them at about three weeks and up! :)
I don't have a great eye for looking at chick pics, so hopefully someone with a better eye will soon come along. But I see no crests, so I think you can safely rule Cream Legbar out. I have both Welsummers and Welbars, but can't remember their difference in appearance at comparable age to your chicks. I am leaning toward Welsummer, but will watch and see what other input you get.🙂

Attachments

• IMG_6874.jpeg
    IMG_6874.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
She grew a crest! How old is she now? I've never had any crested cream legbars so am unfamiliar with what they look like at this age. Hopefully someone will soon reply with a breed confirmation.

She is a Cream crested legbar mix. I have one and she is petite but very fiesty. She flies well and lays beautiful blue eggs. Here is pic of my hen and her CCL rooster mate. The ears do not match. Perhaps yours is an Olive egger mix.
She is fiesty with one of the other chicks but super friendly and lets herself be held and will sit on your lap for long periods of time.

Back
Top Bottom