Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

now to show one can improve on red enhanced birds...(same source)

Single Barred Father with some minor red enhancers(not mahogany) at the left and single barred son with less red enhancers at the right

Please take a look at the attached pictures of some Cream Legbars that I recently purchased. They are around 7 to 8 weeks old. My concern is that they are mixed. Please let me know your thoughts.

Yeah most likely mixed. At very best they do not have the proper double dose of cream. But you should get lovely blue or green eggs from them!

Rinda
I say definitely a cross, I just dont see Barring on some of the pullets, this means the Sire of them are Heterozygous for the Barring gene, and there is a high probability of the sire being also heterozygous for the blue egg shell gene, so its not a guarantee that any of those pullet will lay blue/green eggs at all and there is no way to tell which ones will lay the blue/green eggs or not

This thread has opened my eyes to chicken conformation:

CSU - Chicken State University- Large Fowl SOP

There is so much more to a proper comb, back, tail, etc. than I ever thought possible.

Walt is a major figure there.

Yes that is an AMAZING thread. I look forward to each new breed discussion. Even though I don't own a single chicken in any of those breeds, I learn SO much as they discuss conformation and general traits that apply to many breeds. It has definitely sharpened my eye in looking at my own birds.

Back
Top Bottom