Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

I think that you also mean your DW's sanity too.
ep.gif
Yes...

Best wishes Curtis! I think I'm bringing a CLB hen and pullet, and Lily will have her second chance at victory. Then the kids are showing their bantam Wyandottes. If I have the room I might bring some chicks too for display.

I agree 100% I just started a small flock with one rooster that is very cream and one other closer to the (red,chestnut,crele.) I have five hens that am waiting to see how they turn out .I want to help with the breeding to the sop. I started out in the 1970 's breeding GAME COCKS to fight and the beauty of the bird. I have taking a long break since 1980. I am back now to breed the CREAM legbar and the black copper marans to the sop. I have five bcm hens two each of the bev davis and wade jeane lines and one too early to tell. two roosters with lots of the copper.they all are all still to young to breed yet. But on my way I think to something good.

I agree 100% I just started a small flock with one rooster that is very cream and one other closer to the (red,chestnut,crele.) I have five hens that am waiting to see how they turn out .I want to help with the breeding to the sop. I started out in the 1970 's breeding GAME COCKS to fight and the beauty of the bird. I have taking a long break since 1980. I am back now to breed the CREAM legbar and the black copper marans to the sop. I have five bcm hens two each of the bev davis and wade jeane lines and one too early to tell. two roosters with lots of the copper.they all are all still to young to breed yet. But on my way I think to something good.

I have read a lot about the breeding plans used be the breeders of the game fowl and was considering recreating the Mash Daisy (before Greenfire Farm & H&H Rare and Heritage Breed poultry had them), and study the Game fowl since they were one of the breeds used in creating the marsh Daisy. The Marans and Cream Legbar seem to be complimentary breeds. It seem that everyone that have one has or wants the other. :)

I have read a lot about the breeding plans used be the breeders of the game fowl and was considering recreating the Mash Daisy (before Greenfire Farm & H&H Rare and Heritage Breed poultry had them), and study the Game fowl since they were one of the breeds used in creating the marsh Daisy. The Marans and Cream Legbar seem to be complimentary breeds. It seem that everyone that have one has or wants the other. :)
So true. I have Marsh Daisy and China Game (Toni-Marie Astin line) as well as Birchen Marans and Cream Legbar. But then again I think I am up to like 15 breeds right now. That's not including the projects like Ayam Cemani/Cream Legbar and Ayam Cemani/Marans crosses.

Nice...I thought that the Marsh Daisy was going to go extinct before it every arrived in the USA, but it looks like a lot of the rare breeds in the UK made big come backs in the last decade. I almost went ahead and started a project to create a Bantam Marsh Daisy, but decided that I will have to invent my own breed to create to beat GFF to anything. :)

In studying about game fowl I was fascinated by all the breeding knowledge possessed by the game breeders. I got a lot of ideas for my own breeding from them.

Marans and Cream Legbar are like Mustard and Ketchup. Not really anything alike, but you almost always find them together. :)

Last edited:
Nice...I thought that the Marsh Daisy was going to go extinct before it every arrived in the USA, but it looks like a lot of the rare breeds in the UK made big come backs in the last decade. I almost went ahead and started a project to create a Bantam Marsh Daisy, but decided that I will have to invent my own breed to create to beat GFF to anything. :)

In studying about game fowl I was fascinated by all the breeding knowledge possessed by the game breeders. I got a lot of ideas for my own breeding from them.

Marans and Cream Legbar are like Mustard and Ketchup. Not really anything alike, but you almost always find them together. :)

That's funny you compare Marans and Cream Legbar to Mustard and ketchup. I agree. I raise both and am increasing both of my flocks this year. They will make up the majority of my chickens.

Im debating on adding an Ameraucana or 2 to see the differences myself in the 2 blue egg layers.

That's funny you compare Marans and Cream Legbar to Mustard and ketchup. I agree. I raise both and am increasing both of my flocks this year. They will make up the majority of my chickens.

Im debating on adding an Ameraucana or 2 to see the differences myself in the 2 blue egg layers.

I have all 3. Ameraucanas are nice but I have gone back and forth this year on whether or not to keep them. My particular line of Am is not as nice personality-wise as my Cream Legbars, their eggs are slightly smaller and slightly greener, and they lay a lot less eggs, probably 3-4 medium eggs/week compared to 5-6 large eggs/week from the Cream Legbars.

I have all 3. Ameraucanas are nice but I have gone back and forth this year on whether or not to keep them. My particular line of Am is not as nice personality-wise as my Cream Legbars, their eggs are slightly smaller and slightly greener, and they lay a lot less eggs, probably 3-4 medium eggs/week compared to 5-6 large eggs/week from the Cream Legbars.

That's really good to know. I will keep that in mind before I jump into them. I know I like my EEs so I thought about trying the Ameraucana since a woman down the road from me raises Wheaten Ameraucana.

Speaking of CL eggs, The rounder shaped egg is more ideal correct? I have one that lays a regular egg shaped egg and the other is a little shorter but rounder. Is egg shape something we should be concidering when breeding forward?

Back
Top Bottom