Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

I actually wanted to do the whites first, that way color was not an issue, but I was out voted.

The gold-crele can be as difficult as the creams.
There are too many colors in them. Hopefully, the new board will work it out.

I can see the white being an obvious choice. My only complaint about that is the reduced sexability in the chicks (per my understanding, anyway,) is kind of contrary to a key feature of the breed.

You're right on the fact that crele is definitely not an easy color either. And at this point with so many other things to think about, I seriously doubt many have been putting the work or numbers into producing a really dialed-in crele pattern.

Sorry to hear you're phasing out. This is definitely a breed that needs all the serious breeders it can get.

I can see the white being an obvious choice. My only complaint about that is the reduced sexability in the chicks (per my understanding, anyway,) is kind of contrary to a key feature of the breed.

You're right on the fact that crele is definitely not an easy color either. And at this point with so many other things to think about, I seriously doubt many have been putting the work or numbers into producing a really dialed-in crele pattern.

Sorry to hear you're phasing out. This is definitely a breed that needs all the serious breeders it can get.

I am simply getting too old to continue.

Some claim they can sex the whites, I cannot. As far as the sexing goes, it is a breed trait to propagate, however will make no difference in the SOPs.

I am sorry you think it’s rude.

I consider it rude to have someone posting about mutts on a thread about legbars breeding to the SOP.

Would you go to a turkey SOP thread and discuss your mutt breeding program for chickens? It’s the same thing.
No, but I would expect someone to be polite. You could have just said " this thread is about breeding to the Standard of Perfection, it isn't a place to discuss mix breeds. Perhaps you could find a better location for your post?" or something to that effect.

Here is Canada, being polite and truthful are still qualities to be admired.

No, but I would expect someone to be polite. You could have just said " this thread is about breeding to the Standard of Perfection, it isn't a place to discuss mix breeds. Perhaps you could find a better location for your post?" or something to that effect.

Here is Canada, being polite and truthful are still qualities to be admired.

I thought that’s what I said. It appears you have not picked up the Canadian qualities you seem to admire.

I'm in 6th grade in Canada, so equivalent of a university degree in Minnesota I believe. However, I've found a cool little button where I can now ignore you. It's wonderful. I'll have to show it in show and tell on Monday!

I'm in 6th grade in Canada, so equivalent of a university degree in Minnesota I believe. However, I've found a cool little button where I can now ignore you. It's wonderful. I'll have to show it in show and tell on Monday!
1610831377421.gif

Oh man, I've been gone a few days and Ralphie gets unruly! Holy cow, old man, you are getting darned grumpy!
I agree about the gold crele and the cream being both hard to pin down. Most of mine lean crele, especially the males, but at least the barring on mine is pretty great.
I still have got feelers out for replacement cockerels from outside my group, but I haven't really liked any I've had access to locally so my group is still pretty isolated.
Mine are from the AB line group. They are getting harder to locate and I am too poor currently to order anything that needs shipping.
My pullets from last year are starting to lay. I also have plenty of over melanization on a sizeable portion of pullets.

Back
Top Bottom